[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New Crapatalk
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 New Crapatalk 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New Crapatalk
I meant Tapatalk. Or did I?

Tonight I updated to the latest version. And I absolutely hate it. It's been on my phone for less than 5 minutes and I'm ready to demand a refund from the developers as well as remove the plugin from the site.

What are your thoughts? And please, do not be bashful. I plan to share your input with their development team.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New Crapatalk
Meh. I liked the old version better, but have gotten used to the new one. They're trying too hard.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The new client is bad but I still use it more than going to the website. I can go through 4 or 5 forums much faster the websites. I'm on Android and still have my paid copy of the old pro version that I revert to on occasion. My biggest complaint on the new app is the slowness at times followed by the amount of space they take up with non important things. I hope you don't yank the plug-in but I understand the frustration. The app store is littered with hate for the new app.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Littered would be a good term. A 1 star rating after 915 reviews.

I'm only half serious about pulling the plug in. I just hate the thought of members purchasing the app to use the forum and then find a complete lack of functionality.

I'm seriously pissed off about non-site related content consuming half the screen.

Is everyone else getting some European sports car taking up 30% of the screen?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The new app on Android is free. I haven't looked at the wife's iPhone to see what it looks like on there. I only see the giant picture on the top of the list of unread threads.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The tapatalk hlep forum is rife with dissent and mutiny. People are openly posting detailed instructions for how to subvert the system and revert to previous versions. Much conspiracy talk about pre-3.3 functionality being disabled and then magically restored once it is brought to TT's attention.

I'm not opposed to change. Really, I'm not. But I prefer to have the option to use previous versions if I am unhappy with the change. FordTrucks.com underwent some big overhaul in the last few months that rendered my account useless and then prevented me from being able to use the site once my account was restored. In the end, I lost out on about 3 months worth of full use all while being a paid supporter. A paid supporter of a site run by a company; not an independently run site like Jon Hanna has with CB.com. Because of that, I will not be going back to FordTrucks.com for a very long time, if ever.

I see this as a similar situation. First, I am paying this company for a product. I have used and liked that product. However, I am no longer happy with the latest version. As such, I should have the option of reverting to my previous version. Not possible.

Second, our site brings them business. And now our site looks like complete crap on the app because of their stupid attempt to turn it into a Twitter-like social media outlet. If I wanted an app more like Twitter, I would download Twitter. And what the hell good is a "trending discussions" home page for a site that generates an average of 60 users per day and maybe that many posts?

Tapatalk has been pissing me off for months now, truth be told. I would consistently change my settings so that "unread" discussions were the default page when I visited CCB and CB.com. And yet, without updating, without changing my settings, somehow the default page would change back to that stupid trending discussions/"home" tab they have. Now, I know I didn't go in there and change that setting. But it kept happening.

I'm just ranting here. Sorry. If you guys are happy with the app, it will obviously stay on the site and keep making you happy. However, if I cannot figure out a way to revert back to a previous version, I'm done with it.

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tapatalk is apparently planning to take a Microsoft Vista approach to deal with complaints. "We know it sucks. And we're going to fix it...at such a painfully slow pace that you will all go mad and stop using the interwebs."

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/up ... ack.27809/

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If anyone is interested in helping out, I have a little project planned.

Over the course of the next few weeks I plan to reach out to site admins of the various forums I use. In my correspondence I plan to ask them to participate in a "Tapatalk shutdown" of sorts. Basically, I want to see how many forums I can get to remove or disable the plug in on January 31, 2015. The intent here is to force the Tapatalk developers to rerelease the previous version of the software. I'm hoping for a rerelease as they are now saying it will be months before the functionality issues brought up by thousands of users will be addressed. And even then, it will be piecemeal fixes.

Might seem like a crackpot idea, but I'm going to go through with it anyhow. If anyone is interested in joining in my fantastically absurd journey, let me know publicly or privately if you prefer. But be warned, this is bat country.

Sent from my iPhone using the new Crapatalk 3.3.

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I should also note that Tapatalk will not be disabled on CCB on January 31, 2015. We will continue to operate as usual, unless the members decide differently.

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When I type in ...Colo... and it's suppose to take me to CCB.com, the Crapatalk DOWNLOAD ME NOW thingy pops up and it takes 10-20 seconds before it lets me X out and bypass it!!!WTF! sucks.
I don't have it downloaded though./iPhone5

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New Crapatalk
Here's another complaint. I just opened Tapatalk. You see the red exclamation next to my profile icon?

Zero indication as to what that means. No help menu to tell you what it means. Clicking on it does nothing to remove the exclamation point.

Earlier today it was a red "10" over the home button.

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You've been tagged for your subversive activities.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For those using Android, there is a new version. Looks like they are listening to their users and changing some things back. My first impression is that it is better, definitely faster. Not sure if there is an update for the Apple folks.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I loaded the new version on both my phone and tablet. Significant improvement. Both pages and pictures are loading much faster.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hate my taptalk... I find just accessing my forums through (my favorites) internet is better. just my $.02

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]