[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wtb Bronco in great condition
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Wtb Bronco in great condition 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wtb Bronco in great condition
Hey guys,

I'm new to the community and looking to get a rig and become part of the club.

Looking for a restored rust free bronco with a fuel injected upgraded engine. Preferably a modernized weekend street driver.

Appreciate any leads you can send my way.

Thanks,

Zach

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Wtb Bronco in great condition
Budget? Maybe post a couple example pics of ones you like so we know what to look for?

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh, and welcome! We love spending other people's money, so expect a long and productive thread.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hi Zach,

First and foremost, welcome to the club, be sure to attend this weekends meet and greet at the Platte River Grill details here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7784

It is historically one of our largest meets every year and this years looks to be a pretty good one as well. As far as the rig you are looking for, there are several in the club, some very nice ones come to mind, unfortunately none that are actively for sale that I am aware of. That said, money talks.

Regardless, come out and meet some of the members, say Hi and introduce yourself. I plan to be there. (w/o my broncos of course - they are in parts all over the garage, yard and in a whole bunch of other places I have not even looked yet. I'm still building mine)

Look forward to meeting you.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Neighbor has a pretty clean bronco up here north of Wellington. Not fuel injected and needs paint but is clean and could prolly get it for a good price. What price range you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

As far as budget goes I'm looking to start out with a rig on the nicer end so I'm thinking 25 - 30k if the right rig comes along. Let me know if that seems like a good budget for what I'm looking for or am i way off.

My mechanical wrench turning knowledge is very limited but I definitely want to learn.

Always been a fan and dreamed of owning an early bronco.

I'm thinking between 68 to 74. Not sure if 75 will work with emissions in Adams county.

I'm a fan of lifted modestly with cut fenders. And would like a rig i can drive around Denver highways pretty safely with not a lot of body roll.

Something with a little get up and go would be cool but not necessary.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As far as the meet up goes, my wife, 11 month old daughter and I look forward to coming out and meeting you guys.

Thanks,

Zach

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A CCB Member MoneyPit has a great Bronco that ZOSO (another member) added EFI. Here is the link to his:

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5228682473.html

Chad.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My first thought was Moneypit's rig as well. I haven't posted it here since he didn't, but was going to put it in this thread. It's a really nice ride that's a very streetable setup while being good off road as well. I'd buy it tomorrow, and I suspect he'd be happy to hear it was staying in the club.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:30 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'd be willing to see that one but also still open to seeing more options. Appreciate all the replies and look forward to meeting you guys.

Zach

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

While Moneypit's ride is nice, it maybe setup for more offroading than you were looking for.

Your budget seems reasonable to me. You aware of classicbroncos.com - probably the largest bronco forum covering all of the US and beyond. Perhaps the classified section there could yield some more eye candy!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the reply Jesus_man. Agreed that moneypits rig might not be set up the way I want. No disrespect to his great rig. I like the idea of being able to tackle trails, but more importantly I want to be able to cruise around town. Hope that's not sacrilege.

I have been checking classicbroncos.com daily looking for the right bronco. I've seen some cool rigs in the classifieds but I always seem to be late. Oh well, just gotta be patient.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure of your background, so offense intended, but it seems like when guys are starting out in the off-road world, they quickly realize how fun it is to tackle more and more extreme obstacles. That being said, there is no reason that with the proper suspension setup etc, that a very capable off-road rig couldn't cruise down the highway without issue. You'll want an OD tranny be it auto or manual, for the highway. If I put a sway bar on mine, it would cruise anywhere no problem in terms of handling. But noise is another issue!

If you want to do trails like backcounty dirt roads and two-tracks (ratings of 1-4 of 10), then a bronco with 2-3" of lift on 31-32" tires would do nicely.

Patience will pay off for you!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:48 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://showlow.craigslist.org/cto/5198239703.html

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]