[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - mechanics tools, beat to hell craftsman rolling tool chest
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 mechanics tools, beat to hell craftsman rolling tool chest 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post mechanics tools, beat to hell craftsman rolling tool chest
I have about 15 years of sockets, wrenches, drivers I am looking to give away to someone who can use them. I am the kind of guy that has a messy garage with tools scattered everywhere and invariably end up getting frustrated looking for a particular size and buy another tool set so I can get the job done only to find the missing piece later. The result of this is I have a tub or two full of 1000 or more sockets and misc tools from maybe 10 or so tool sets both metric and SAE. I'm tired of digging thru the tubs and have no interest in trying to sort them so I am going to punt and buy a nice new shiny set and I know if I keep the old ones it will just end up getting mixed in.

I also have a 4 or 5 drawer Craftsman tool box/chest/cabinet that is beat up, needs one of the rollers bolted back up.

To be clear everything offered up for free here is in various states of greasyness and I will not be cleaning them or sorting thru for the one socket you need to complete your set. Whoever takes it has to take it ALL.

So basically for free someone could have at least a couple complete tool sets and a tool chest to roll em around in. If you or someone you know is just starting out and can't afford to buy a set of tools point em in my direction. If you are just looking to pick them up then flip them on craigslist...leave it for someone else who can give it to someone that actually needs it.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: mechanics tools, beat to hell craftsman rolling tool che
Very generous and cool of you! I hope these go to someone that can use them!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll take it -- would be great for me and my boys! A very generous offer indeed.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can pick them up anytime after xmas. PM me if you are still interested and I'll send off my contact details

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow, very nice of you!! Sounds like a perfect project for a younger person to get organized...

J.D.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My 18 year old has been working on his grandfathers 1986 GMC Jimmy for about 3 years now and my 15 year old is tinkering on the 75 Bronco with me -- but will get his own project here shortly. The idea that they have to take ownership of their tools and their garage and their projects and their schedules, etc. will be a great lesson for them. Thanks so much! CCB are great folks!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The tools have been picked up and it was a pleasure to talk with Sean for the limited amount of time i had available.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sean has been a giddy mess since he got home with the tools! I got home late last night and I heard him thumping down the stairs to meet me in the garage. He's all "we got this and we got this and we got this..." pretty funny. You really made his day and this will be a great start for him. He's already got plans to get the roller back together and cleaned up and painted and I had to work real hard to keep him from taking over MY work area for his new tools. Thanks again. Can't say enough about the folks on this forum -- just top notch.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The 75DBE and the toolbox from HIX. Wheel back on and FULL of tools.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]