[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rivet nut insert tool
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rivet nut insert tool 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rivet nut insert tool
I have 2 7/16 rivet nuts that I need to install but having a hard time tracking down a tool that doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg. Does anyone have a tool that will do that large of a rivet nut I could borrow for 5 minutes?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Post Re: Rivet nut insert tool
make one. A bolt and a nut. Drill the treads out of the nut. slide over the bolt. Screw the bolt into the nut cert. Turn the bolt while holding the nut with a wrench. I've done hundreds like this. No need for a fancy tool.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rivet nut insert tool

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a tool but not sure I have the die for that size. I think I have 3/8 is the biggest. I have also made a tool like above when the actual tool won't fit in tight spaces.

For sure use a grade 8 bolt and I find that a serated flange nut works great as the base of the tool. The rivnut must not spin as you tighten the bolt. Also put some oil on he bolt threads into the rivnut. I have had them gaul up before and destroyed the nut while trying to crush it.

Alot of companies just send a larger coupler nut (the 1" long nuts) with their products to use as a tool to install their products on jeeps.we get alot of that at the shop. The tool is just faster which is why I bought it.

I'll check when I get to the shop on what dies I have and can take a pic of how I do them with no tool if you want.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just realized it is 5/16 that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I do have the 5/16 die if you wanna borrow it.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be around tomorrow and most of the weekend catching up on work.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]