[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - WTB Welder
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 WTB Welder 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post WTB Welder
Have some projects in the works that will be easier with more power. Will be selling off my 110v Lincoln 140, looking for a Lincoln 180 or 215 or something comparable from Miller or Hobart.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: WTB Welder
You really put your Lincoln 140 up for sale the day that I get mine shipped to me?! You know I would have bought yours!!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know, I'm kicking myself. I didn't think it would be even remotely affordable until I started looking around a couple of days ago. I'm waiting to sell it to see what kind of deal I can find before I sell mine, though. I also haven't broken it to my wife that we won't be able to run the dryer and the welder at the same time.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How much was it to add 220v? I can access the back of our dryer pretty easily, and can reach anywhere in my shop with a 25ft extension cord, so it isn't too bad. I'm hoping to swap a gas stove into our kitchen in the next couple of years and free up that electricity. Our electrical box is right over the spot I want to wire 220v to, so if I can make a circuit available it isn't too big a deal to re-run the wiring.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

See if your house breaker box can handle the 230v/50amp breaker, I added one to mine and it was really straight forward.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think my house's service is maxed out, being from 1968. I don't know for sure, but I think our inspector said something about it when we were looking at buying the house.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You might need to add a sub panel if your box is maxed out. The big expense for me is the wire. My panel is on the opposite corner of the house. The heavy gauge wire I need is sold by the foot and I need about 70 feet of it. If I recall right just the wire for the 220 was nearly $300. And i need more 15 amp service as well. So I am looking at spending about $1000 to get my garage to the standard I need. If i needed just a few feet of wire and some boxes and outlets - it would be done.

I actually proposed I make a splitter cord for the dryer - and leave the end out were I could get to it easy - shot down. Our dryer is right inside the garage door. Literally a few feet away. I guess the fact that I want to run a bigger compressor for air tools could be part of the issue too...

My garage is so under powered if I am working with the stereo and lights on and my wife plugs in the vacuum cleaner inside - I am marching to the back yard to flip the breaker. I drop an extension cord from one of the bedrooms upstairs when I am welding.

Yeah - I need to run the new circuits to the garage. I have collected most of what I need now. So pretty darn soon.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]