[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - alignment bar
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 alignment bar 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post alignment bar
was wondering if any one might have an alignment bar?

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: alignment bar
My wife has one .....

Uses it every time I step outa line......

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll play! I'm guessing axle alignment bar to keep the axle ends in alignment when welding brackets.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

an alignment fixture (alignment bar) is for setting the center line on any Axle front or rear . so that all is inline with the carrier . if not in line you will eat bearings and have vibration from hell . the bar has 2 slide able discs that bolt in place of the bearing races in the center section of the housing and the bar is hardened so no flex and has 2 slide able discs on the outer side of bar that holds bearing cup in place to be welded up . so it allows you to build fronts that were not fronts like the 14 bolt gm you can make it a steering axle ! I am looking for big bearing 9" rear axle but cant find one so will build it ! It will only cost 65.00 to build . i am having a bar made for me

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Interesting, I think I've seen some external fixtures for building axles but not to the degree described above.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They're common in fab shops, often being used to help prevent warping when welding brackets on. Pony, where are you having them made? For that price I might pick one up.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've always been curious what those kits use for a centering rod. I would imagine that for good fit and straightness, you would need a high-carbon, possibly hardened, and ground steel bar. The adapters that fit into the bearing positions would have to be turned precisely, but material would be less critical.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The ones I've seen looked to be hydraulic cylinder rods.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am having them made at the shop my son works at . I think there might be a misunderstanding it will cost me 65.00 to build a large bearing axle housing using the fixture . the fixture is about 200.00 w/3 different bearing discs. I can see if they would make more they don't normally make them. I have seen them as low as 850.00 and as high as 1799.00 .

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pretty sure my neighbor(Black Top Hobbies) has the jig to set up the rear ends.If you're interested I can ask him what he charges?

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

no thank you thanks though . well have my bar Friday

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]