[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Looking to buy nice toolbox
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Looking to buy nice toolbox  
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Looking to buy nice toolbox
Iam looking to invest a nice tool box. Something similar to a snap on, mac or other heavy duty 50-60" wide with beefy drawer hardware.

Iam open to type and size but want to avoid cheapos. Already have a craftsman that is falling apart (but was cheap)

Would prefer wide and tall verses narrow and tall (yes that's what they all say)

Let me know what you have. Not looking for a show piece just something that is in good shape me not falling apart.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:23 am

Post Re: Looking to buy nice toolbox
do a bunch of reading. don't waste money on a brand name(crap-on). I have read until my eyes bled on garage journal. a great box for the money of all places is harbor freight. They are a really nice quality box. Much better than other box store boxes. That being said I bought a 52" dewalt box and love it. It's heavy duty. But they don't seem to make it anymore.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good info, I am primarily looking used for sure - just because i can get more boxes for less ;)

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lots of used at the 88th flea market. sometimes a good deal can be found. (sometimes)

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am

you may call Toby Till. he is a Snap-on guy. He may have or know of some used boxes.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 am

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have no brand preference, just an example of the type and style.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll second the big harbor freight boxes. They're really well reviewed and cheap for what you get.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Chris, Check your facebook. I tagged you in a post.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ah bummer, leaving for the weekend in the AM.... thanks for the heads up though.. the first picture on that page is kinda what iam looking for

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm interested to know what you land on. I'd like something like that someday, but it looks like I am getting a hand-me-down craftsman from my grandpa. Which I have to admit, is still an upgrade from what I have...

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bought a Milwaukee box, great quality and fairly cheap, super happy with it for over a year

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When I retired from the Military I bought the largest HF freight box they had. It held up very well even with my 3/4 socket sets that went up to 3" and all the other heavier than normal stuff the garage would not have. I ended up going to a MAC tool box due to the cost and the largest they made at the time. I see now that HF has a large professional bottom box but not the top yet.
Snap on, Mac, Matco will all have large storage spaces with trade in box's that they will want to move and it is possible that you could get a great deal on a good box. Just my 2 cents..

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:07 am

I'll tell you this. If I was in the market for a new box I'd have a real hard time not getting this one. I was at the Westminster store today and they had this there. It is stupid stout!!! I was pushing down on the drawers and couldn't believe how thick and sturdy they were. I was impressed. Now only if it had latching drawers and an internal lock.

http://www.murdochs.com/shop/rhino-safe ... t-ktc4355/

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will check it out thanks!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I finally procured the US General 44" set (well almost). I have had the bottom box for a few weeks now waiting for the top box to arrive. It has, but now my truck is in the shop awaiting backordered parts. Catch 22.

Word of caution - it is possible to lock your keys inside the box! My wonderful son wanted to make sure the keys hanging outside the box didn't scratch it, so he proceeded to put the keys inside the drawer and close it with the tumbler locked! I didn't know this for weeks. I found out yesterday and panicked. A friend of mine found a video of a guy with a red one (stickers all over it) had to break into his box. However, the new design doesn't allow it to be broken into the same way as the latch on the back of the drawer is different.

But that gave me the idea that I could turn the box upside down, have the catches release so I could open the drawer and fish out the keys.
Success!
I immediately pulled one key off, labeled it, and put it in a safe place so this won't happen again! Thank GOD the box was empty. Otherwise, I don't think this could have been done. I would have had to order a new key...

I hope my son learned a valuable lesson as well.

I am excited to move into my new box once I get the top one home! I am not looking forward to moving it when the time(s) come.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!

Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]