[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Hydroboost plate/Locofomoco Group Buy
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hydroboost plate/Locofomoco Group Buy 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Hydroboost plate/Locofomoco Group Buy
I talked to Riley, the owner of Locofomoco Racing this morning. He's pretty excited about offering us a group buy, and is open to some pretty good deals. I originally was just talking to him about his hydroboost mounting plates, but he offered to give us group pricing on any of his products-he makes a cool Bronco script Optima battery box and a pinion protector as well. The parts website is here:

http://www.locofomocoracing.com/page2.html

He's offering us just the hydroboost adapter plate for $30 each if we buy 10, or $35 each if we buy 5. I didn't talk to him about specific pricing for his battery boxes or pinion guards, but can find out if enough people are interested. I'm guessing the pricing will be equally aggressive for those as well. Also, the plates at this price don't include the wrench, but he's offered to throw in several for those people who want one. A bench vise worked great for me, so they aren't mandatory.

How to participate:
1. Please post up here with what you plan to order if you are 99% sure you want something. Please do not post if you aren't confident you'll be buying. I want to call him and confirm pricing before money changes hands, and I don't want to waste his time.
2. Please let me know by Halloween at the absolute latest. Sooner is better, as it'll let me call him to confirm pricing sooner. Sorry for the short timeline, but I'm planning to place the order on Friday, 11/2/12 to give him time to get everything shipped out for the 11/10/12 Hydroboost tech day.
3. Once pricing is finalized I'll post them up and be requesting funds via Paypal by the 11/2/12 order date. I'm open to funding other than Paypal, PM me to touch base. I'll have the parts delivered to my house and then can make arrangements to get them to anyone that isn't coming to the tech day. If you aren't in the metro area I'll be happy to mail them to you at your cost.

Thanks!

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Hydroboost plate/Locofomoco Group Buy
Bracket - yes, wrench - sure, clocking plate - not sure, what's the application for, 351 w/EFI?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The clocking plate allows you to turn the booster 90*, but still bolt up the master cylinder. I have interference with my h-booster and my 302 upper EFI manifold and thought about using this plate, but it wouldn't have fit anyways. I ended up just loosening the nut off the plate and turning the booster &m/c about 15* off vertical.

I doubt the 351 is going to change much and I think there will still be interference. Maybe 1" spacer will help? IDK. I guess its one of those things I'll only know when the motor is in. I bet I'm going to reinstall my old angled vac booster bracket & mount my h-boost on the angle bracket over the wheel well.

If you use a 99+ Mustang H-booster & m/c you don't need any of this stuff. I haven't worked with any other type conversion.

Sorry I don't have a good picture.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What Gunni said. It'd give you another option for mounting. Sbolt's HB cleared his Mustang upper with a little room, so it isn't mandatory. The Mustang booster doesn't have a reservoir on it, so it clears more easily. Not sure if it gives you power brakes in the event that the engine dies like the Astro. Gunni, have you tested that?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a reservoir, I'm pretty sure all h-boost have reservoirs. There are different sizes/lengths, Mustang is a smaller one.

I found a pic. The flange around the base of the resevoir is what hit the Explorer upper. I was hoping that the extra height of the 351 GT40 intake, and maybe a 1" spacer would lift the manifold above the h-boost. With my luck, if the manifold clears, the valve covers will hit.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]