[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - A/C and new furnace
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 A/C and new furnace 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post A/C and new furnace
I'm planning to add A/C to our house in the immediate future.

Had a guy come out and he quoted a 3 ton unit made by Trane.

He also quoted a Trane gas furnace to replace the current unit which is 19 years old.

Quote including install, humidifier, and 200 amp service in garage (for welder) came in at 10k which seems high ?

What do you guys think ? Good price or shop around ?

Is Trane a good / reliable brand or should I consider other brands ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 05, 2014 1:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: A/C and new furnace
I just had a Goodman a/c installed. It was added to my existing Goodman furnace installed 2 years ago. My install guy told me all the brands are pretty much the same and made by only a couple of manufacturers with just minor differences. I paid $2500 for a 3.5 ton unit to be installed. He gave me a deal since he was never able to fix the leak in my roof. The furnace was a deal I made with Zillacon a couple of years ago so it was really cheap. Unfortunately I can't tell you what retail is on any of the things you're getting done but I can give you the name and number of the guy that did my a/c install if you're interested in another quote.

Mon May 05, 2014 3:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 05, 2014 3:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

His name is Bob Mallard. His number is (970) 534-0713. I'm not sure if he does the electrical part of what you want but I know he does the furnace and a/c.

Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cant speak to the furnace, but past AC install has been around $2500-3000

Mon May 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Last full furnace and a/c install i did with zillacon was in the 6k range. A 200amp electrical service is in the 2-3k range most likely. If you want an electrical contrator to just look at the service I got a guy.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue May 06, 2014 6:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Trane units are quality stuff, but you pay for it.
Goodman has upped their quality quite a bit over the years and are reasonably priced.
I am super busy as my house just hit the market this evening and we are under contract on some property in Franktown. Give me a better idea of time frame and shoot me an email with current model and serial numbers and I can get some pricing for you next week.

how far away from breaker will condenser unit be? How far from furnace?

call me if you like but I may not be able to answer depending on whats going on.
3 dash four3five dash 0cinco uno zero

$10k might be a little high but he's doing a bunch of work quality top end equipment and I have no idea what his overhead might be.
furnace might be $1800-2200 all depends on size and efficiency rating, same with ac but that could run you $3500-$5500 another 4 bills for humidifier, line sets (copper aint cheap) cond pad, wire(copper again) service disconnect etc etc

Bnut

Fri May 09, 2014 10:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Check with your Gas and Electric company also. There should be paperwork to fill out to get a rebate on each end.
Up to $300 for the gas and up to $1000 depending on your carriers and the efficiency of your units.
Your install company should do this for you, but if they don't, they might be pocketing it instead of you!

A good honest company will do this for you and tell you about it up front with the quote!

Good luck!

Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Have you already done this? Is not call me. We do 10 to 15 a year and I can get you a pretty fair deal.

Trei

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Trei and Brian for your offers but I pulled the trigger shortly after starting this thread.

New furnace, a/c, and humidifier in and working great.

Did have a hiccup with the electrician though. The a/c sales quoted me 200 - 300 dollars for the electrician to add a 220 outlet in the geeerage. First day of the job the electrician tells the a/c sales guy it's gonna be 900, should he proceed ?

Nobody quoted me that kinda numba so at the end the electrician hits me with the 900 dollar bill (he had to bring that wire all the way across, not just a pigtail extension like the a/c guy guessed). I had to pay 450 and the a/c outfit did the same.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]