[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Looking for warn 8274
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Looking for warn 8274 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Looking for warn 8274
I have been cruising craigslist to pick up a used warn 8274 in decent shape. Haven't heard back from anyone there yet but thought I would post up here as well.

My older warn 6200 while working just fine doesn't have power out. Which after testing it this last weekend is a real pain and I think safety issue.

Let me know what you have and what condition.

Sat May 30, 2015 10:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Looking for warn 8274
Thought I seen one on Co4x4

Sat May 30, 2015 10:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been looking for about a month! There is a lot of 500 dollar used ones out there..

the one I thought I bought in Salem got sold out from under me to a local.

That one I sent you didn't get back to you ?

I'm gonna be patient and look for a rebuilt one (don't bid me up-Chuck) !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat May 30, 2015 10:17 am

I'd still pay 500 for one. Such a dang good winch. I used mine 2 weeks ago pulling juniper bushes.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat May 30, 2015 4:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2. $500 isn't a bad price for one.

Sat May 30, 2015 6:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nobody has gotten back to me in cl

Sat May 30, 2015 7:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did one of you guys beat me to this jewel ?

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/5102247879.html

image.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is on CO4x4: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthre ... -winch-200

$200. Curious if it really is an 8274.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's a really old predecessor to the 8274. It's just a fairly primitive winch.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry never updated this thread. I found one thx to rox. It's already mounted and ready for duty.

The 6200 has two ratchet holders on the drum. So it only spins one way. I didn't want to mess with it as its s great winch just no power out.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Actually the ones with the two ratchets arms do on fact power out even with the arms still engaged. They are know as the model 8200 not 6200. It was a transition winch produced only in 1974 which was the first year the 8274 started being made. The 8200 is essentially the old Bellevue winch with a reversing motor and ratchet brake vers the drum brake. They also have a 6 bolt mount vers 8274 has a 4 bolt mount. I have both models on different vehicles and they operate identical and pull equal under load.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mine is a 6 bolt version. With a 8274 like brake. I thought the 8200 was the one with a strap brake?

Here's a picture of the 6000 lb one I have.

http://almostmadeit.com/g/galleries/140 ... G_0544.JPG

http://almostmadeit.com/g/galleries/140 ... G_0546.JPG

Don't have the engraved number handy but it started with 6xxx

I'm pretty sure I had it wired correctly but never got it to power out. It would make noise and not do anything. To get neutral you have to lift a lever then push the outer arm in to lift the two gear catches.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What you show in the pic is an 8200 with reversing motor. The older ones with the strap brake were 6000lb and 8000lb they were called the Bellevue winch. When they were introduced in the late 50s they were 6000lb RATED and then later realized they were stronger then 6000lb so they uped the rating but the winch are identical. My friends all think I'm nuts and call me the winch border because I have 2 Bellevue models, 3 8200's , and two 8274. All but one is in use though on a rig or trailer.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

FYI the 8200 and 8274 originally had 2hp motor until 1998 I believe when it was upgraded to a 4.5 series wound motor. Also there was a rare black 8274 available in 2008 I think with a 6hp motor. The 6hp motor is from the warn HS9500i and can be retroed on any of the old uprights.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Don't have the engraved number handy but it started with 6xxx

I'm pretty sure I had it wired correctly but never got it to power out. It would make noise and not do anything. To get neutral you have to lift a lever then push the outer arm in to lift the two gear catches.[/quote]

Yea that's how the free spool works but the big brake Assembly will also release and spin backwards with the arms still engaged. Could be a motor issue or solenoid issue which is why you never got power out. And unless the motor actually powers out you'll never get the one way clutch to release. As for the serial number its possible someone took an old bellveiw and swaped some 8200 Parts on it. The casing were the same so that's plausible too...... Wanna sell it?

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It.was installed in 76 by the ford dealer on my 76 bronco. I know it had never been off but doesn't mean it wasn't messed with . I might have gotten the wiring mixed up or something but the 8274 I have now does work both ways.

I'm using a modern solenoid for both so it's possible I messed up the wiring or as you said maybe a motor issue.

I'll keep it for now. Never know when it might come in handy.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gotta ask right? If you want help fixing it just shout. I have multiple others we can compare wiring too.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will do thx

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So this thread has me thinking. With my Bronco came an old Warn Belleview. It's only one directional power out and I'm not really sure what condition it is in. Is it worth hooking this beast up or look for something different?

Is there a way to easily test the motor to make sure it's good?

Name plate engraved is 10588470

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those are good winch's and definitely worth doing some trouble shooting. The only issue with them for a recovery situation is the fact it has no ratchet clutch brake, so you have to manually apply the brake via cable in the cab.

To test it just take a pair of jumper cables and attach the positive leads up to battery and winch (the copper stud sticking out of the motor is positive) and then connect the negative cable any place bare steal on the winch. Lastly touch the neg to battery and see what happens.

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]