[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Ford steering wheel for my F150
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Ford steering wheel for my F150 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Ford steering wheel for my F150
The steering wheel on my 77 F150 is all cracked up

I'm not great at knowing what all years are correct for donors, etc

Let me know if you have something you would want to sell

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun May 15, 2016 10:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Ford steering wheel for my F150
Should be the same as the 76-77 broncos.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 15, 2016 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How bad are the cracks?

Steering wheels like that one are often restorable.

There is or was recently a steering wheel that style for sale on CB.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... ring+wheel

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... ring+wheel

Sun May 15, 2016 10:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Panel bond and sandpaper are in your future.

Mon May 16, 2016 6:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those 76-77 wheels and horn buttons are expensive. Horn button alone is $100. I think all in I was close to $250 for my 76 wheel and horn button.

Mon May 16, 2016 7:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There are multiple cracks, some of them 3/8" of an inch

I'll just keep rocking it until a good deal pops up.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 16, 2016 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rox, the wheel on my '75 F250 was pretty badly cracked too. The plastic strip under the horn cover was even broken so the horn wouldn't work. I epoxied all the cracks around the wheel then filed/sanded the excess til smooth. The plastic strip under the cover I glued back together with E6000 leaving the excess to help reinforce the weak spot. I used one of the lace on (old school) covers on the wheel just 'cause I like the added grip. The thing has been good for 11 or 12 years now. I think the wheels changed in '78 (maybe '80) as well as the horn contacts so the newer wheels won't work without changing the contact plate/wiring in the column. I have a newer style wheel that I can bring to Rudy's next Saturday if you want it. Just let me know.
Mark.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a 76 wheel if you want to try and work on it Jeff. It's not too bad. No horn ring just the wheel

Mon May 16, 2016 9:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 16, 2016 11:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1 year off???

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/5553350996.html

Tue May 17, 2016 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's mine...

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 17, 2016 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 17, 2016 4:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 17, 2016 4:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 17, 2016 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]