[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Moving to Denver area from Grand Junction
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Moving to Denver area from Grand Junction 

Post Moving to Denver area from Grand Junction
Hello all,
I was living in Sacramento, CA area until almost two years ago I lost my job. My parents wanted me to move out to Grand Junction for a while so I agreed. The only problem is that there are a real limited number of jobs in my profession in Grand Junction. There are some really nice rigs out here, btw.

I have made the decision to seriously start looking in the Greater Denver area as there are more Staff Accountant positions listed and more professional recruiting firms as well. I would have tried to move back to California but in general housing prices are not worth the traffic and smog.

Soo, since I am kind of new to the Denver area if you could advise me to what the good and bad neighborhoods are I would really appreciate it. My Bronco is still in Los Angeles area (don't ask; another long story) and wouldn't want to get it out here and get it stolen.

Basically, I'm looking for a middle income type area; not too expensive but not getting shot at either.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Moving to Denver area from Grand Junction
I gotta house i'll rent you in Lakewood.I promise I won't shoot you.I'm not kiddin.JGZ

Sat May 07, 2011 9:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Denver area has an amazing employment service called Lew's List. It Emails accounting and tax positions from area companies, recruiters, etc. I have seen no less than 3 Staff Accountant positions over the last week. I would suggest getting on the site and signing up. These are positions that may never reach the career sites. Many area companies use this service exclusively.

If you PM me your email address, I will forward all of the positions since I signed up 3 weeks ago. It is very surprising resource. Best of luck in your search and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. I am happy to review your resume as well and lend a few suggestions.

I have been in Denver for over a year so I am not much help on the housing part. Best of luck in your job and housing search.

Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon May 09, 2011 7:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Honestly, there are very few areas where you would stand a chance of being shot. Even our bad areas are not really bad compared to others. There are affordable?? nice areas in the suburbs on all sides of Denver. As far as the Bronco/cars being safe....if it's outside the higher end areas are as suseptable as any.
Hockeydad hit it right. Depends on interests, kids and ages and schools.

Sun May 15, 2011 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I live in an "up and coming" neighborhood called Jefferson Park just north of Invesco and my GF and I feel perfectly safe. I love how real estate agents say "up and coming"; it basically means the ghetto.

Although I feel safe I wouldn't leave my Bronco outside overnight.

My Personal Website -

Mon May 16, 2011 12:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I could offer some advice as well. I lived in Denver for 9 years, pretty much on the east to NE side, but could offer my experiences in the area as I moved around a fair bit! Let us know what's important to ya and I am sure we could find you a few areas to research.

J.D.

Wed May 18, 2011 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]