[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Congrats Badlands. June Member of the Month
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Congrats Badlands. June Member of the Month 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Congrats Badlands. June Member of the Month
Colorado Classic Broncos would like to congratulate Steve aka “Badlands” as the June Member of the Month. His name was randomly drawn out of a bucket with CCB members that have giant roosters as avatars. Here is everything we wanted to know about Steve and maybe more than you wanted to know.
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r52 ... ily003.jpg
Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Lodi, California, spent middle school through college in North Dakota, moved and lived in Colorado for 30 years.

Where’d you get so smart?
I received my Undergraduate Degree from the University of North Dakota and my Masters Degree from University of Colorado/Denver. I wasted my time and should have gone to mechanic tech school instead.

I hear you have a hot wife. Is it true or does ZOSO hang with a less attractive crowd?
YES. My hot wife Julie and I have 6 children between us and 2 grand children.

Tell us about your nasty habit (the Bronco of course).
1966 half cab lubr conversion (U15 ). Bought it from Bronco Connection in Nebraska. I had the rust removed and repainted to original mint green. It has a 3.5 inch lift, about a .5 inch body lift, power steering, power brakes, Dana 44, 9 inch rear, carpet, stereo, etc.

The 200 CID starting going out and I began the long journey of converting to a rebuilt Windsor 351 with Howell EFI, D.U.I, C4 trans. Rob helped a ton in getting it done with a hand from some others. Having a couple issues now, but hope to have it all ironed out soon! This is the thrill of victory and agony of defeat associated with Bronco ownership. Ha!

We also want to tighten up the steering with some new bushings, install a roll bar and get a bikini top for summer cruising!

Other than being selected as the June Member of the Month, what is your best Bronco story?
Best story.....well, I haven't had it running too long and no awesome trail trips to share, but the one that makes me feel the best is hauling my oldest granddaughter around and she said to me, "Grandpa, everyone is looking at us cause we have the coolest car in the world!" How awesome is that?

Here are the things you probably don’t want to know about Badlands...

Who is your idol?

Viperwolf1
Who would play you in a movie?
Clint Eastwood.....Now, get off my lawn!
What advice would you give your children regarding marriage?
I hope you learned from my mistakes.
What advice would you give your son in landing a “Hot Wife”?
Don't do it. Pick the nice one instead. The hot ones are nuts.
If you were to start your own business today, what would it be?
Run a little Fly Shop in Montana
On a scale between 0-10, what would you give yourself?
0 on a bad day, 5 after a day at the salon
If you were invisible, what would be the first thing you would do?
I would go visit my good friend Sofia Vergara
How do you relax?
Like this, bye.

Congratulations on being the June Member of the Month!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Congrats Badlands. June Member of the Month
Congrats

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am
Congrats Steve!

Shawn is awful slow at typing these things up. Maybe he needs some tutoring from the teacher in the family.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Congrats Badlands. June Member of the Month
Congrats.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

excellent choice. Congrats Steve!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

awww I thought the highlight would have been the time I photographed you hitting warp speed on Hampden west of Santa Fe....

Congrats Steve!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way to go Steve! Congratulations, well deserved to say the least.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lol!

This is kind of like Rosanne Barr winning a beauty contest!
Thanks though, I appreciate it!

Shawn, the real way you marry a hot wife is by having a big "rooster". ;)

A little over a year ago, I was just selling my old muscle car and looking for a cool old 4X4 truck to bomb around in. Kept running across these Broncos and fell in love. Zilla rescued me from the national board and since then I have gotten a ton of advise and help from the great folks here, especially ZOSO, his pops Booger, 76, Rox, Zilla, viper, etc. i would not be near where I am and nor would my rig without their help. I have made a bunch of new friends.

I certainly don't know as much about these rigs as others, don't have near the skill set as most, but hope to learn and pay it forward a bit for all the good deeds shared with me. I guess you don't have be a Bronco guru to be MOM, you just have to like em a lot!

And, the little hitch in the Bronco's gitty up was repaired with a new fly wheel and I'm back to banging' around in the "coolest car in the world!". Ha!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Steve. Good to see you enjoying that sweet ride now. We just need to get those bushings installed and hopefully it will no longer be a wanderer.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way exciting to see how your Bronco has come together. Thanks for keeping us updated from the beginning when you ordered it from outta state to the sweet ride it is today. Great ride for a great member. Really happy things have worked out with the EFI and interior upgrades too. It has been great getting to know ya. You are a true class act and deserve the Member of Month honor (and the hot wife). It is nice to have a fellow liberal in the group, too. Fun to have a fellow club member become a true friend.

Gregg - nice job on the write-up - funny as always. Thanks for keeping this kick ass part of the Club going.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Chad. Hope to make it to AZ in the future for some spring baseball and golf and will look you up.
Diversity is what makes this club so great and the United States the greatest nation in the world!

In two weeks we'll get those bushings in place like Bob said and the front drive shaft so she will be trail ready. Need to tweak the computer a bit, may look into a UBD2 scanner or other suggestion from Howell, to get it dialed and I drive her coast to coast thanks to Rob and these other great guys!

Not sure why people say my wife is so hot. Looks sort of ordinary to me. icon biggin

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Badlands on the MOTM.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

congrats Badlands !

You have truly been through a Bronco journey !

Glad to have you as a friend !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Huzzah! glad you are finally enjoying the bronco and hopefully you can troubleshoot those gremlins!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]