[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Thanks to all Wives, Mothers, Girlfriends and Significants
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Thanks to all Wives, Mothers, Girlfriends and Significants 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Thanks to all Wives, Mothers, Girlfriends and Significants
Ketchup Luvs U.JPG

Colorado Classic Broncos would like to recognize all the Wives, Mothers, Girlfriends, and Significants for their undying...generous.....compassionate........... TOLERANT support of the time and $$$ we spend on our Broncos. It’s not because we’d rather spend 12 hours in a sub-zero garage freezing our...fingers off, come to bed smelling like gear fluid, or try explaining how important it is (for safety reasons of course) to purchase that $300.00 part. It’s because we love you so much we’re afraid it would be too much for you to handle. Our Broncos are a way of storing our passion into something we can share with you on trails, camping trips, and monthly Bronco Breakfasts.
We would like to take this month to say “Thank You” for all the times you’ve said “Wow, I really like how this rides since you’ve put the .....in” or “Yes, you should definitely spend the extra money on that upgraded.... “ or my favorite: “When are you going to need my help bleeding the brakes?” Ohhhhhh, the memories we make.
So thank you for being our February Members of the Month. We like to invite our members to post up some comments, stories, or pictures to show gratitude to the ones we love.

Thank You,

Colorado Classic Broncos

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Thanks to all Wives, Mothers, Girlfriends and Significan
Congratulations Denise! I always thought you had a nice pair of guns.

But this post isn't about another womans guns. It's about my very own special woman:

Karen & Bronco.JPG
A little over a year ago I told my wife, Karen, I'd like to get an Old Bronco (keep in mind I had/have very little automotive experience). She gave me the “Are you crazy?” look. I knew I was pushing her and our finances but this idea in my head wasn’t going to give. Not only did I take a good chunk out of our savings, but I continued pulling money out until the Bronco was relatively safe for us to drive (a new WH lift makes it safer....right?). Had she said “enough is enough” I probably would have sold the Bronco and been pretty bitter about it. However, she has been increasing supportive and has made many attempts to give me “Bronco Time”. This includes working on mine, watching Rox and Zilla work on theirs, some wheeling trips, and my monthly breakfasts. She has come to understand how important this fine group of Bronco Enthusiasts has become to me and encourages me to attend. I should also say that she proofs every MoM interview that’s been posted up (except this one).
She is a beautiful woman in every way I can think of. She is a known across many school districts as one of the best Band Directors in the State. Not only does she receive awards regularly for her students’ performances but also as an incredible Teacher (9 News Teacher That Cares). Not only does she teach but she also has her Doctorial Degree in Performance (she’s frequently invited to perform in local and out of state symphonies—she plays the bassoon—the one that looks like a bazooka). She keeps a very busy schedule, as most band directors do, but still makes exceptional time to be with our Family. We are extremely lucky to have her and we’re proud to recognize her as one of Colorado Classic Broncos February Members of the Month. Thanks and I love you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great idea! I'll admit, I do get a fair amount of complaints about the time I spend on the bronco, and the $$, but she knows it's something I enjoy and something I can soon share with my son. The tables will turn and she'll get more alone time when my son and I are wrenching. Not to mention, she enjoys the knowledge I have gained working on my rig when it helps fix her vehicle. :)

We do enjoy many of the same things, like hunting, shooting, camping, fishing, etc. She does not see much point in taking the better part of a day climbing a 1/2 mile up a trail tho. That's ok, I don't have any desire to take a ball of yarn and make something. How we met is a crazy story in and of itself and I thank God daily for her. She is so giving of herself and her time and I take advantage of that way too much!

I'd post a pic, but I think she'd shoot me. Not a dead eye by any means, but what she lacks in precision, she makes up for in the amount of lead in the air at one time. You should see this girl Dove hunt. I think she just holds the trigger down on each bird.

Coming up on 12 years and I look forward to the rest of our lives!

J.D.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would like to thank my beautiful wife as well. She loves the bronco and is very supportive when it comes time to fix something that has broken or just something to improve the bronco. She grew up with her dad and brother having broncos and she has always loved them. This became very apparent to me when we picked up Lila and started deconstruction. She was out in the garage in some old clothes ready to get dirty. Which by the way, there is not very many things that are hotter than your beautiful wife with a wrench in her hand. She is my world and soulmate and I can't believe that I have as much freedom to do what I want with the bronco. I did get in trouble once when I bought a new center console and lift kit while she was out of town and "forgot" to tell her about it and she found the receipt in her stack of nursing papers. Not a very good phone call to get after the fact. Thank you Taryn for all of your support and love.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thx Danny and to CCB for the shout out. Love u guys!

Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I too need to thank my lovely bride and the mother of our children. Cheri has put up with me since we met when I was working at a gas station in high school, that was over 25 years ago. She helped me raise our 2 sons (so far) and supported my hobbies nearly as much as I support hers.

It was with her blessing that we purchased the boys projects cars including Drew's bronco that led us to this amazing club. It is with her blessing that I spend as much time with them in the garage and doing "guy stuff" that she has no real interest in. She is not much of a camper, fisherwoman or hunter. But she does allow me and our boys the freedom to spend time and money in pursuit of our activities. She does at times get aggitated about the time I spend online with the hobby but most of the time she is very understanding.

Cheri is an RN working in the neo-natal ICU at Littleton Hospital (no - she does not work on adults, ask any of us when we are ill or injured). There are 3 men (ok, me and 2 large teenage young men) and 3 male dogs in our house and we all still respect and answer to her. She is my Princess and I do as much as I am able to make sure she knows that is how I feel. No picture as I am sure she would not appreciate me posting one here.

Now, the odds are that she will never see this post but here it is none the less.

I still say that if I had a tool fetish as dramatic as her purse and shoe fetish I would have the most well equiped garage anywhere...

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ah I gotcha. Been thinking about getting a 45.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]