[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Congrats Landshark- April MoM (with pic links)
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Congrats Landshark- April MoM (with pic links) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Congrats Landshark- April MoM (with pic links)
Is it true you were raised by lumberjacks?
No, I was born in New York, raised in Southern California until High School then off to South Texas for a stint in the paradise they call the “Valley”. Decided I had enough of South Texas and hit the mountain west for some higher learning in Flagstaff Arizona. After receiving my BFA (Beard Fellowship Associates) I headed west then bounced around quite a bit moving from media company to media company until I landed in Denver for a few years. I left Denver in 2000 and had the great fortune of being able to live in many areas of the United States and even a working a few years in England. On my return to the U.S., I decided I loved Colorado so much the first time I moved back and will remain as long as I can.
Who puts up with you?
I’m currently married to the love of my life, we met in college. She sat next to me and made me laugh so I wouldn’t go away and annoyed her for several years. I made the mistake and shaved my beard and she was gone. I vowed never to shave again and as luck would have it (9 years later) we met again and this time it was my turn to make her laugh. We dated for several years before marrying in Crested Butte this last August. (thanks for the BBQ recommendation Gunni). We have one kid, he’s black and hairy and weighs 105 lbs. His name is Cody and enjoys long walks, cool pavement and to scatter socks all over the yard. He’s supposed to be a Lab, but there is some Blue Ox in him as well.
How do you afford such a lavish lifestyle?
I don’t want to bore you with the nitty gritty....Thank you (text stopped due to length).
Bronco 1: What have you done to it and plans for the future?

My first Bronco (which I still own) is a retired 1994 Bronco that was previously a fire truck from Payson Arizona. I bought it (still relatively straight) from a good friend of mine who had only added a set of 33” tires and did a little cutting to the bumper to accommodate them. I drove it back from Arizona and as always things quickly snowballed…
Currently set up with front Dana 44 from a 1978 bronco (under repair) a rear Dana 60 from a 1999 E250 both have 4.88’s and ARB’s in them rolling on 37” MTR Kevlars - Custom front suspension with Deaver coils, full custom fabricated Radius arms, drop brackets and coil buckets. Rear springs are some kind of 6” lift springs from Super lift or Rancho, not sure. Bilstein shocks on all four corners with custom valved 7100’s up front. Stock 302 under the hood with 15 degree advanced timing and what’s called a 6 liter tune up. On board I have a York 210 with a 5 gallon air tank, 3G 160AMP alternator, Rock lights, 2 KC spots and 2 LED squares to light up everything else. Custom rock sliders and custom rear and front bumpers with a nice $200 winch that I picked up on a Wal-mart auction.
My future plans for the 94 are to add a full cage and do some interior redecorating as well as remounting my front bumper.

Bronco 2: What have you done to it and plans for the future?

My second Bronco I picked up just last year, I have been looking for a classic bronco for over 5 years off and on seriously for the last year before I found this one. I found my Bronco like many others on Craigslist. However, I happened to find it on the Butte Montana Craigslist. A few calls and bad cell phone photos later he agreed to my price and so I sent a cashiers check via fedex and sealed the deal. A few nervous days later and one $200 flight to Butte Montana I was the proud and anxious owner of my first 1976 Bronco. I hopped in, got the tires balanced and headed for Denver 880 miles away. Blinking lights, loss of turn signals and non-functioning fuel gauges made for an interesting but non-eventful trip. You can check out my ’76 here at CCB.

Quick Answers:
Best Wheeling Trip: “Definitely Moab”
Best Lumberjack Skill: “Hot Saw”
Plaid or Hawaiian: “Duh...Plaid”
Flannel or Cotton: “Cotton” (Liar)
Spiderman or Superman: “Paul Bunyon”
What would you do to take our club to the next level? “Buy everyone Beard Hats”

Congratulations Chris!
http://www.almostmadeit.com/g/galleries ... eek_63.JPG

http://vir4l.com/wp-content/uploads/201 ... e_mask.jpg

http://www.almostmadeit.com/g/galleries ... mage86.jpg

http://www.almostmadeit.com/g/galleries ... G_0219.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Gregg on Tue May 08, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat May 05, 2012 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Congrats Landshark- April Member of the Month
Congrats Chris. Glad to see you get the recognition. You're gonna have a heck of a Bronco when done and you have a heck of a FSB as well. Glad to have you as a member.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat May 05, 2012 3:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats! I seriously want a beard hat.

Sun May 06, 2012 10:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

congrats Chris.

I am really enjoying your build and can't wait to see it after it is finished.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon May 07, 2012 4:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Chris, enjoyed wheelin with you and love your build!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon May 07, 2012 6:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Congrats Landshark- April Member of the Month
Congrats Chris, love the FSB, especially when your pulling me up a hill after I broke my axle.

Mon May 07, 2012 7:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congratulations Chris, that was fun reading. All that talk about Paul Bunyan made me a little homesick for MN.

Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Chris! It's been a pleasure meeting you and wheeling with you! Your rig improves the overall character of FSB's. Done how they should have been from the factory. Can't wait to see your EB in person!

Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chris - you deserve this man. Great write up and what an interesting life you have led so far. Exciting to have you in the club and the wealth of knowledge, experience, and passion for all Broncos. It is exciting to watch as you build your Classic Bronco and cool to hear the story of its purchase.

You are so humble that you forgot to mention your modeling career with Wild Horses :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 07, 2012 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 07, 2012 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thanks for the warm welcome and the surprise Beard of the month.. i could have never dreamed my beard would make it so far.. so quick.. :drink:

and the funny thing is.. even with all the lumberjack jokes my college mascot was..

yes a lumberjack..

yay!

ok gotta get some shut eye, have a day full of phone calls and filling bronco parts orders - flipoff

Mon May 07, 2012 11:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats Chris, can't wait to see how your truck turns out. I wish I knew what BBQ advice I gave you, I can't for the life of me remember.

Chad

Tue May 08, 2012 8:25 am
Congrats Chris.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Congrats Landshark- April Member of the Month
Congratulations Chris! Well deserved.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Congrats Landshark- April MoM (with pic links)
Cool, I looked through my posts, trying to figure that out. Glad I gave you good advice.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]