[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 5 years later... She's alive!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 5 years later... She's alive! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 5 years later... She's alive!
This project started after I took my '72 with a carbureted 302 up to Pingree Park after the highpark fire. The elevation change caused bronco to run really rich, so when I got down the hill, I took the 302 out and sold it and got a 351 Windsor out of a 1993 F250. The engine builder took 9 weeks to rebuild the 5.8, and in the meantime I decided to sand blast the 'ol 72 body and I uncovered a mountain of rust issues. Then my wife and I had our second baby, and the progress slowed. After pulling metal splinters out of my little boy's feet too many times, I finally got the body work done and got her painted. Then I decided to go with a NV3550 instead of staying with the NP435. New wiring, explorer serp setup, mustang fuel injection, new dash, OTRATTW switches, Dakota Digital gauges, and then.... It starts up! This week I took the fam for the first ride in 5 years! Wo hoo!! Now I can't wait to meet up with some of you now that I own a working bronco again, and not just a bunch of totes of rusted pieces of a bronco. Here’s some before and after pics.
Hood 1.JPG
iPhone 112012 341.JPG
20121108 iPhone 4 260.JPG
WBody1.jpeg
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Mitche11 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 5 years later... She's alive!
Looks great!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congratulations !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That’s cool!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

NICE !!!!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very cool

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 am

Congratulations, nice work that's a great looking Bronco!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys! It’s as though I just bought a new car after all this time. I’m looking forward to getting back to this community of EB owners/builders. Now if it could just be sunny and 70* again.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great! Congrats, look forward to seeing it out.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats! That bronco creep is something ain't it? The "While I'm at it..." syndrome! So 5yrs ain't bad in the scheme of life!

Great looking ride!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love the term “bronco creep”. That’s exactly what it is. While it’s out, lets replace this and that. Now I’m being reminded about which parts aren’t new because the starter, back-up bulbs have gone out in the first 75 miles of it being back together; and now the heater core is leaking. Maybe there’s something to bronco creep that I should be thankful for... Just wish i hadn’t bought a new heater core while I had it all apart. Oh well... that’s why these things are never really “finished”, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]