[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New member with new to me 67 Bronco
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 New member with new to me 67 Bronco 

Post New member with new to me 67 Bronco
Hello CCB members. I just crossed the 1 year mark since moving to Colorado in the Monument area. I am a new member to CCB and just finished purchasing my first ever 1967 Bronco, for that matter first ever Bronco. Not sure my total plans, for now I have a few leaks and some Fitech adjustments to make (new to that also). Going to be putting the doors and roof on so I can get some drives in yet this winter. Main goal for now is to make minor improvements and hope to be taking some drives with fellow Bronco fans next summer. This all began because I brought my all original, low mileage Fox Body Mustang with me but after getting a taste of the mountains (not in the mustang), I decided to buy a long time want and get a classic Bronco.

Some items thinking of adding or changing. Not listed in any order but just thoughts. Some are more important of course.
Fender flares
LED head lights
iPad dashboard mount w/Bluetooth Speaker
Spare Fuel Cans
High Lift Jack
Spare Tire
Hot Rod Heater box
Winch
Bike Rack
Larger Steering wheel (I don't like the 11 inch on it)
Dual Wiper motor setup
Side mirrors that work with out doors

And the list could go on forever. I always like hearing other people suggestions!

This is not my picture, I just bought it today and did not get a chance to get pictures (Started to snow). I will post more pictures soon.

00s0s_ewHDwLPLDT1_1200x900.jpg

Thought I would share the Mustang!

mustang.jpg

Long as I am at it, I hope you don't hold it against me. But I am still a Packer fan! Here is my bug. Still in Wisconsin for now.

IMG_1707.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New member with new to me 67 Bronco
Welcome to CCB

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to CCB! Looks like you have a good start for your bronco. Based on what I see, it looks to be setup as a mud truck. What sort of off roading do you plan to do?

For mirrors, my idea was to buy some strong earth magnets and build a bracket to accept Jeep TJ mirrors. The magnets go just below the windshield. I don't have a picture of that handy, but I would snap one if you are interested in this.

For headlights - maybe talk to Zoso. He did a mass buy a few years ago and may have his contact still.

I'd love to know what you do for bluetooth speakers. I have been wanting to do something as well, but just couldn't justify the cost for the sound I want.

While the bronco can cover some of your Green Bay following, it will be hard to overlook... poke

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:11 am

I believe is was for mud. Hoping I did not make a mistake with the purchase. I do like mud, But I am just looking for trail running. I have never done the crazy rock crawling that I see online. I just want average difficulty drives. Maybe I will get comfortable with more. For the price I feel I can lower the tire size and maybe some other things to make it better. Drive it and see what happens I guess.

I like the idea of the magnets. I am sure I can build those. I like that they can be easily removed for when the doors are on.

For now I have a bluetooth garage speaker. I am going to work on the iPad side and then just use this speaker until I decided what I want. This Bronco is kinda loud with the 460 and the exhaust out the side. Have to determine if that will get changed.

Headlights are not a rush but I will check with Zoso once I get that far.

I can at least now say I root for Broncos. Classic Broncos that is. :beer:

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to CCB!

Looks like you have a good start there. I picked up some UTV roll cage mounted a few years ago. They work bettter than the door mirrors. Take about 1-2 mintues to install per side.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:23 pm

Digger that is a good idea also. I had a razor for many years and know what you are talking about.

I read your build. Wow, I am not looking for that kind of project right now. But If you ever need help with Arduino let me know. Lots of experience in that. I am looking at writing an iPad app and just have everything on that. The other option is I built a raspberry pi with a 7 in touch screen in my RV to control lights and radio. I used the ESP8266 WIFI with individual relay boards. It was nice to have them right near the switch. I also had it wired so you could switch the normal switch and the ESP8266 would read the relay and change the screen to on or off based on switch position.

Anyway I am excited that people are already reaching out. Can't wait to get on the road!

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]