[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - build thread from the wind tunnel
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
 build thread from the wind tunnel 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: build thread from the freezer
Awesome!! Cant wait to see it moving again like Justin's rig.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. Hopefully with this 3 day weekend coming up, I can really start finishing parts of this project. Its starting to feel like a bunch of small "projects" need done now. But still a lot to do.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I kept being surprised at how long all those little details took to do them right.

Fri May 27, 2016 9:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's starting to get to me. I think I'm rounding the corner and then slam into a brick wall, again. I have to make everything for this truck at this point. I can't wait to take one apart & put it back together 'stock'.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 27, 2016 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Making it yourself is harder.

I make beat up crap look good for a living. Lol.

Fri May 27, 2016 2:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 27, 2016 5:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Making steady progress, but I've been bad about pics & posting up.

The front cage is basically finalized & removed for finish welding & paint.

New battery location in cowl is boxed in.

DSCN7868.JPG

Gas lines & pumps, brake lines, tank filler & vents all plumbed (new filler neck location), vents for axles are run.

DSCN7861.JPG

DSCN7867.JPG

DSCN7849.JPG

I adjusted the Atlas crossmember up just a bit, and finalized the driveline placement. Transmission crossmember is built. Both are finish welded, and just need a little trimming and paint.

DSCN7872.JPG

DSCN7895.JPG

I've started bracing up the floor with 1"x 1/8" square, and building a basic framework from 1/4" round to get the floor's shape.

DSCN7891.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep at it Chad!! I hope you get to enjoy this hard work THIS summer!

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks, I think a few more weeks will put me very close.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like you're making good progress! I like your strategy of using 1/4" round rod for shaping the body.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chad, I missed some of these latest updates.

It's looking great.

You'll be ready to battle the rocks in no time !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

looks good dude, get it done!

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys.

This has been a real battle. It's been kicking my ass lately (for the last couple months really). It's nice to see it coming together, and getting things right & finished. I actually set my seats & center console back in the truck for a few minutes over the weekend. It felt pretty good.

Currently my goal is to finish drilling the frame for my tcase mount. On the driver's side, it's plated with 3/16", and on the passenger side I'm sleeving the frame with pipe. The trans mount is done. Hopefully, tonight, the tcase mount will be too. Then I need to add some metal to the notch in my frame. Less for strength, more to keep water, mud, etc from collecting & rusting. Then, in theory, work on my frame should be done. Then back to the floor.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wait, when did I miss the doubler in front of the Atlas?

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No separate doubler. It's actually the 2.7:1 reducer that adds the extra gears making a regular Atlas an Atlas 4 speed.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool! I'm an Atlas newb. I do like the skeletal look of the 1/4 round, I'll remember it for future projects.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some action shots of the tunnel cover build

DSCN7925.JPG

DSCN7928.JPG

Finished product

DSCN7935.JPG

DSCN7936.JPG

The center console is about 1" higher than it used to be, but feels pretty good. Floor is stiff & has no real noticeable flex.

DSCN7929.JPG

Pulled the top & cage. Finishing patches & prepping for Al's HNR & bed liner. Might be putting it on this weekend. Planning to do the cowl & new battery location, rear wheel wells & tub. I'm going to do a medium gray bedliner.

DSCN7934.JPG

DSCN7937.JPG

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work. Did you make the tunnel cover removable or is it welded in? Also- did you omit your heater for the new battery location?

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's welded in. With 2 floor crossmembers cut out, welding it in added needed strength.

I still have a heater, just no fresh air inlet. It was always clogged with snow in the winter and pumped wet air across the windshield. So I don't think it's a huge loss.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great work Gunni and one Heck of a Vision from start to finish!

It's always the "take this out, replace this, put that back in, now take it back out...repeat" part that gets me!

Way to keep at it :)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

jealous of your clamp collection

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I also have clamp envy! I suppose it's one of the lesser evils.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lack of clamps makes the body work so much harder. Those really long reaching ones are the ones that seem to be needed at the most opportune times yet I can never get myself to spend the money on buying them.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing it all done.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Al's HNR sprayed yesterday. Touched up some seam sealer & retaped for bedliner tonight. Spraying bedliner tomorrow after work.

DSCN7951.JPG

DSCN7956.JPG[/attachment

[attachment=0]DSCN7952.JPG

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good! Can't wait to see the finished product. Always a bit jealous of how good freshly sprayed metal looks.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's like deja vu, all over again.

DSCN7965.JPG

This is where the project was supposed to start picking up speed. But, unfortunately, due to the catastrophic failure of the bed liner, family visits, and a weekend in Denver at the emergency vet clinic, I'm only now getting ready to start spraying my truck again.

Every 'project' within this giant undertaking has taken about 1 month or more. So frustrating. I spent about 30 man hours stripping the HNR/bedliner disaster, and prepping for round two. The entire surface is now stripped & sanded with 30 grit. Overkill for epoxy primer, but I'm sure it'll stick.

I've taped it off, so that, hopefully, I can peel back 1 piece of 3/4" tape at each edge. This will leave the masking paper, and I can just apply a new piece of 3/4" tape to the edge for the next step. Since it's now a 3 step process, this *should* save me some time. Hopefully by Friday?, I'll be shooting bedliner, again. Planning to shoot epoxy today, but I have to run to C.S. to pick up Bronco parts tomorrow. I'll sand the cured epoxy with 180 grit, then HNR.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next