[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - build thread from the wind tunnel
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 build thread from the wind tunnel 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: build thread from the freezer
Depending on the complexity I can probably knock it out on Saturday.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh yeah I forgot. I reread a post in my 66 parts wanted thread about t-case shifter. I'll gladly take the steering linkage. Thanks.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure if you looked back at my pics on the ZF crossmember and I am not sure what all I posted but here are some pics that may help with coming up with a solution. As you can see, the tube is rear to the stock hole location and we welded it to a plate that was installed still using the stock holes. You can see the plate that attaches to the ZF is also forward of the tube. With already having a support crossmember on the ATLAS, I would think that you could do something very similar to what we did on mine and it would be plenty strong enough...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin,

Can you put a 130* bend in a piece with 17" on one side & 15" on the other? That would give me a little on each side to cut off & fit.

I thought about an "S" shaped mount, but I don't see why a simple "V" shape wouldn't work. If I don't like it I can improve on the design later.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post build thread from the freezer
Here's mine thanks to Justin as well.

I used 1/4 plate to reinforce the frame and added duff long arms shortly after this. No issues has held up nicely.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for all the pics. The 'doubler' part of the Atlas4 sets the front output back far enough that a straight crossmember is just not going to work. I'm not 100% happy with my current plan for a crossmember, but it's the only option I can see right now. I think it will work, it will just look odd.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I see a napkin sketch in the works!

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

MS Paint actually.

LOL, it looks like I forgot to attach this to the message I sent Justin yesterday.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunni, what will your final low gear crawl ratio be ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Right now with 3.50 gears my crawl ratio will be 54 in my 2.62 low gear, 86 with the 4.3 gear, and 224 with both engaged @ 11.2.

I may be able to regear & add an Aussie locker to the front soon, as well. If I go 4.56s it will bring my low/low crawl ratio to 292. That seems reasonable.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

4.56's on 37's seems like a good setup. I'd like to do the same someday, but I am pretty happy with my 4.10's on 35's.

224:1 is plenty reasonable! But check your math... 4.56 x 11.2 x 6.72 = 343.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:39 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Figuring 700 RPM idle with 292 final drive on 37" tires you will travel about 23 feet per minute. Just over 1/4 mile per hour. fire fire

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Roughly eleventy bajillion spot welds & sheet metal screws later. Driver's side is welded in. Next, grind, grind, grind.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Folded the seams over in the wheel tub.

P1030367.JPG

P1030368.JPG

I'll seam seal everything, and I'm thinking of adding HNR & bedliner to the insides of the wheel wells too.

Passenger side wheel well cut out.

P1030370.JPG

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I haven't been slacking. Just taking so long.

Driver wheel well is 95% done. Two pieces left to patch in, but I'm going to wait till the cage is out. Moving on to resetting the gas tank & fitting the fuel neck.

DSCN7783.JPG

DSCN7786.JPG

DSCN7787.JPG

DSCN7788.JPG

Wed May 04, 2016 10:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you for documenting this process. Someday I'm going to show someone qualified than me your pictures and ask them to duplicate!

Thu May 05, 2016 2:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 05, 2016 7:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bought one new wheelwell for mine, cut in half, then used the pieces to extend things. More expensive, but less fab time.

Thu May 05, 2016 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Smart.

I hadn't planned out the next steps after the leaf spring swap. I have a 4x8 sheet of 16g steel, and saw a way forward.

Gas tank brackets are tacked in, and I test fit the tank. Tomorrow I'll pick up the right hardware, and try to get it hung permanently. Then figure the fuel filler.

Thu May 05, 2016 8:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just ran the stock filler. Should work fine, although my axle isn't as far back as yours.

Thu May 05, 2016 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My filler neck has already been cut up, the Silverback flares pushed the filler from the original location. I might have to move it again. I haven't positioned my flares yet.

I've also moved my tank back a couple inches.

Thu May 05, 2016 10:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Although it may seem I've been busy hustling Broncos from the poor people of Gunnison, I really have been hard at work on my 74. It just has all seemed so slow and tedious.

Gas tank hung, new lower half of rear bumper built, added license plate to gas tank holder on spare tire carrier. Some more prep work on welds & herculiner done. Added a cheap aftermarket washer bottle, because I couldn't figure a way to put my old stock tank back on. Moved my P/S cooler down in front of the radiator.

Thu May 26, 2016 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!

Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next