[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rox Crusher's 77 sport
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Rox Crusher's 77 sport 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rox Crusher's 77 sport
Last month I replaced the 3-1/2" rear springs with 4-1/2" to eliminate saggy ass syndrome. Turned out pretty good, it raised the rear bumper by 2" (the rear leafs must have had some sag to them).

Previously when I had 3-1/2" springs all the way around, my rig had a slight rake to the front which I attributed to the typical settling associated with WH coil springs. So I replaced them with 4-1/2" WH coils thinking they too would settle expecially with the extra weight of the winch........and ultimately the stance would be nuetral. But for some reason the fronts don't seem to have settle while the rears definitely did.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doing some upgrades and maintenance in preparation for the upcoming Rubicon trip !

I have had a small vibration coming from the rear end and the axle keeps leaking at both ends so I replaced the bearings and seals. Looking at the used bearings you could see some slight wear on the races but it also looked like the inner races were rotating on the axles which is worrisome. Ride is much smoother now without any vibration. Hoping the new seals will solve the leaks....... we shall see.

Before replacing the wheel bearings, and thinking the vibration was from a worn driveline, I ordered a new one from Tom Woods. I needed a longer one due to the new 4-1/2" springs anyway.

Last things on my list include fixing an exhaust leak on driver's side header and installing some new Duff Eibach shocks on the rear if they arrive in time.

Other than that I am locked and loaded.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great progress Rox. It’s cool to hear about your improvements. I have to replace the bearing and seal on pass rear and I’m a little gun shy because I understand you have to cut the old bearings off. I have a small bearing 9”. Did you cut your bearings off? How’d that go? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good idea. Thanks for the insight!

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a press. Usually just cut them most of the way and then hit them with a chisel and big hammer. Happy to help.

Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin, If I cut mine off, and bring you an axle, bearing, and a 12 pack, do you think we could press mine on? I’d feel better if a bronco guy does it, because we all care a little more. If not, I understand.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11