[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rox Crusher's 77 sport
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Rox Crusher's 77 sport 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rox Crusher's 77 sport
Hello everyone - I originally bought this jewel for my son as his first vehicle but he didn't find it to his liking which turned out great for me.

The drive train is pretty close to stock.........it is equipped with a carbed 302, a C4 & D20, with 3.54 gears and a limited slip out back.

With help and advice from several great guys I have done a lot of mechanical work to the ol girl. The C4 and D20 were rebuilt by Viper with help by 777mechanic, and me doing the grunt work. I upgraded the brakes to an Astro Van based Hydroboost system and then installed all new axles, bearings, brakes, brake lines, etc.

Zillacon, 76bronco, and I recently installed a Wild Horses 3.5" lift. At the same time I added Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on the 15" x 8.5" slots.

Future plans include 5.0 EFI (donor from 98 Explorer standing by), a "hidden" winch, and a gear change and ARB lockers. From there I might as well replace the rusted out floor pans and slap on some fresh paint.

new shoes and lift 2.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

I thought I would add a pic of our other project..............this is my wife's 57 Ford Fairlane 500 2 door hard top. I took the 352 FE & 3 speed out of it and will be putting in a 428 Cobrajet and a toploader 4 speed.

Grandpa's 57 012.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Fri May 20, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rox Crusher's 77 sport
About time to see that great looking rig.....

I'll say it again....my favorite paint job...don't change it (or at least the scheme) :mrgreen: !

Matt

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Beautiful Bronco. I remember standing and staring at it at the Bear Creek m&g.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice rig!! Funny, I just saw that air cleaner in the Summit Racing catalog....I like.

And to resolve your dilemma...go 351W EFI! That's what I plan on doing. Talk to Viperwolf1 (Phil). He did the 5.0L EFI and while it's great...he wishes he went with the 351 now. Maybe we can do it together and get discounts along the way! :)

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Love the "Fall Grass" picture.

Oddly enough , I've been running color schemes through my head for a long time now for my Bronco and I was wondering how colors similiar to that would look in reality.
Very sharp .... Saved the pic as my background now :)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you submit the Fall Grass Photo to the ClassicBroncos.com Calendar? I just got mine yesterday and was disappointed with the majority of choices. I understand it was done democratically so I am not complaining, but I cannot understand why this was not in the calendar.

Guess the solution is to do a Colorado Classic Broncos Calendar next year and I think we have Mr. October right here thumbs up

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was inspired by Matt's cool photo of his in front of the barn but I took the photo after the calendar submision deadline, maybe next year ?

Yes, I think we should do a local calendar ! (Why wait til next year?)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A 2012 Calendar would be awesome. Only reason I say wait is because I have a 2011 ClassicBroncos.com Calendar and the timing involved in getting it ready for 2011. Timing is great to start thinking and planning for 2012. Likely someone here has a source for getting these produced.

Getting 12 good pictures from the group may be the easiest project ever. We have already seen a ton of good pics posted here on the Home Page. Add in the fact that lots of guys have photography as a hobby as well - should come together pretty easy. I also want to do a HUGE group photo this summer.

I am voting Jeff for Mr. October!

BTW - I cannot wait to do the family pic next spring with the Bronco like Dan, Jeremy, and others did. If you haven't seen Jeremy's, you should check out CB.com and check it out - looks awesome.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Found some pics from the COS M/G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been calling you Mr. October ever since I saw your avatar. Look through your pics and enter some of these pics for the 2011 Calendar!

Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

added pics of my other project to my original post

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That car is amazing. I forgot to ask, what did you end up getting as your son's first car in place of the Bronco?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just caught up!!!!

Wow drool !

Rox....you are my hero! That car is amazing. When do I get a ride!

Hope to see you next weekend!

Matt

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Howdy Matt - believe me, it isn't that amazing right now.

no engine or tranny in it...............just sitting in the garage waiting for renewed interest and available funding.

see you at breakfast

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do you have the EFI installed yet? How's it running?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A 77 true ford blue bronco decor, makes a great eye catcher. Wow that car is insane!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

yeah, gonna update this thread with some previous upgrades, sorry for the redunduncy.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been wanting to do this for a long time but just got around to it.

As several others have done, I made some inserts out of 2"x4" rectangular tubing. These go in the end of the frame to strengthen it. The inserts are about 8" long and on one end you have to cut and re-weld it so it will match the countour of the bottom part of the frame.
bronco 2.JPG

You also need to make some shims to take up the slack between the sidewalls of the frame and the vertical walls of the insert. I used 3/16"x2" flatbar, drilled a half inch hole, and then welded them to the outside walls of the inserts. These shims keep the sidewall of the frame from collapsing onto the insert when you tighten the hell out of the horizontal mounting bolt.

Then I made a stiffner bar out of 2"x2" heavy wall square tubing. This got welded between the inserts where the frame is notched for access to the original bumper mounting bolts. The inserts already eliminated access to these bolts so I decided that adding this stiffener couldn't hurt.
bronco 3.JPG

Then I mounted some chrome tow hooks from mid 90s F250/F350.
bronco 5.JPG

One thing I would do differently next time is to weld nuts on the inside floor of the insert so that you could just thread the mounting bolts in.

As it is now, you have to drop the rear mounting bolt for the tow hook down from inside and put the lockwasher and nut on from the bottom.

This is because you have to put the bumper on and drop a carraige bolt all the way down through the bumper, frame, insert..........and out through the bottom.....................which of course eliminates access to the bolt head so you can't tighten it. I got lucky and one is real tight and the other is kinda tight so I will have to keep an eye on it.

I am now ready to pull all my neighbors' 4 door Jeep Rubicons out of the snow banks this winter !

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice job Jeff, that's another on my list of things to do.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post TRE based TRO on a 76 / 77
Howdy guys,

As we learned a few things specific to 76/77 model Bronco, I thought I would share results of my TieRod Over conversion using Roughstuff TieRod End components in combination with knuckles off of a 78/79 Bronco.

The tie rod attachment points on the 78/79 knuckle are about 1" lower than the stock knuckles used on 76/77 Broncos. So in theory, the 76/77 knuckles would be better in terms of achieving maximum trail clearance for steering linkage.

Unfortunately, the attachment points on 76/77 are about 1" closer to the wheels preventing use of any of the heavier duty steering linkage components available which is why I elected to use the 78/79 knuckles.

On to the good stuff, since the 76/77 Bronco came stock with a longer track bar bracket, you don't have to use a drop pitman arm or an axle riser bracket to achieve nearly perfect geometry between trac bar and drag link. Mine ended up being within 1 degree of each other.

TRO 6.JPG
TRO 1.JPG
TRO 2.JPG
TRO 4.JPG
TRO 3.JPG
TRO 5.JPG

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X3 I need to replace/upgrade my steering setup anyways. Might be time to hunt down a 4x4x2 and do the whole setup at once.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Fuel delivery problems: THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM ?
1st time a hose clamp came loose which let the hose dislodge from pick up tube

2nd time I found a bunch of crap in bottom of the tank

This time I found pieces of cork gasket and what appeared to be some Right Stuff was blocking the strainer / sock at the pick up point

I will reinstall tank tomorrow and hope this is the last time

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work! Glad it was an somewhat easy fix. (If you call pulling the tank easy).

poke

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Fuel delivery problems: THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM ?

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Fuel delivery problems: THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM ?

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tank back in, new gas added to cleaned tank, runs great again.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next