[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - ZOSO's toys
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 ZOSO's toys 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: ZOSO's toys
That's bigger than my Mustang m/c at 1", so I would think the Camaro master would do fine. Keep bleeding. I actually paid one of the service techs to bleed my brakes after I got frustrated with bleeding mine after my axle swap. He gravity bled them, and thought he was done. I did some manual bleeding a couple days later & got more air, and everything firmed up.

Good luck.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I get better results using speed bleeders. You can force the trapped air out with some speed on the pedal.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:14 pm

today was a big day. For one it was 1 year ago today the 351 dropped a valve. and today was the big maiden voyage with it all finally together and running.

We will start with last night. I found an extra snap ring in the trans parts box. So Off to the parts store 10 minutes before they close to get more trans fluid. I drop the pan and valve body. After fighting with that and the murder scene it left in the garage I determined it was an extra. So a late night and early morning today to get it all back together. Quick drive around and all was good.

All in total I put 82 miles on it today with out a single hiccup. Was very happy with how it performed. When we left the Platte bar n grille we decided to go south to 470. Then headed west on 470. I wanted to drive the west side of town to go up n down the hills on 470. Bronco performed amazingly well. In traffic heading to i70 up the hill from morrison road. going 50-55 rpm was 1800 and it just chugged along. Kept going never down shifted. Im really pleased with the 4r70w. It's so nice to cruise the highway at 65-70 and keep the rpm low.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is awesome!

What's your tire size and gear ratio?

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:24 pm

33's and 4.10's

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:25 am

Continuing along I have had no hiccups. Its running great. staying cool. shifting is getting better with more mileage.

With that note I was going through the videos on my laptop. I found the video of unboxing my trans kit. First out of the box was all the seals and guess what was on top. That's right the extra snap ring I have. That solves that mystery.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good news! But do you video all your unboxing??

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Well Just got back from a week of elk hunting. The longest drive taken in the bronco to date.

We'll start with last friday the 21st. I noticed one thing. on my way up when coasting downhill the t case pops into neutral. Did it twice to me. having to pull over and put it back in gear. Then it vapor locked on me at the top of kenosha pass. I pulled over and could not hear the fuel pump. I started by testing the fuses and relays. Then traced out the wiring. I crawled under the bronco and felt the lines and pump. Wasn't hot to touch. So I remembered Gregg had this issue. I get in the cooler and grab a handful of ice and put it on the fuel pump. It then fired right off. Drove into camp.

Now in camp I found my twinstick to be loosening up. I crawl under and tighten that again. In trying to figure out why the t case pops into neutral and going off Phil's suggestion I find that what I thought was driveline vibration to be engine or trans out of balance. So either the harmonic balancer isn't right or the torque converter. When driving, parked, or sitting in neutral and the rpm get to ~1800 and up it has a slight shake to it.

I did wheel it some on tuesday and gotta say I LOVE the efi. The drive home today was nice and easy. I even left it in overdrive and it still pulled the passes just fine.

So now that the rush for the hunting trip is over I get to find the source of my vibration. Then I plan to install these lar's bars and shock hoops that have been done for over a year. Then I will finish the interior again.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:39 pm

Been a while. I've been driving the bronco the last few days. After some talks with a few people and my dad Im pretty certain the vibration is the bottomend. Picking my dads brain when he built the 351 he remembers the rotating assembly was specially balanced cause the donor was "off". So we are unsure if the bottomend is even a true 28oz. With that being said I may be on the hunt for a roller 351 shortblock to build in the near future.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

now let's see................where did I put that "this sucks thread" ?

or maybe you were just looking for an excuse to build a new motor

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:16 pm

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Does that mean the balancer is custom to that motor?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I assume you've checked the simple things like the motor mounts are bolted down tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:54 pm

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:02 pm

This weekend should be a big weekend. I plan to finally install the lars bars that have been laying in the garage for 2 years. Then pull the harmonic balancer off and get it matched to the original.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 am

Passenger side installed and welded up. Good news is the bends we did in the parking lot of the platte river bar was perfect on the passenger side. May make a second pass on some welds then move to the drivers side.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice. Sounds like you've already had an easier time than I did. Where are the pics, fool?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 pm

I took one pic and it didnt turn out that well. I'll get some better ones today.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:14 am

Need to get the shock hoop welded on and new from t shocks. These are too short.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! What are you going to use for hoops?

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:25 am

I will say it rides a lot better with the long arms.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:55 am

I get to pick up the engine tomorrow and hopefully get it built and reinstalled this weekend. I will need to order custom length push rods but that shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to get. Then get the passenger side shock installed. Hope to drive it to the swap meet with it's new beating heart.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Drove it to work this morning. This new cam has some nice grunt to it down low. Cant wait to get some miles on it and a good solid tune. Having a hard time idling.

Also the valving for the 7100's that Digger recommended is great so far. Need to get it on a washboard road and bouncing around in the rocks to tell for sure. Soon enough I'll get the chance.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next