[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 1974 Ranger Restomod/Daily driver
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 1974 Ranger Restomod/Daily driver 

Post 1974 Ranger Restomod/Daily driver
Whats up folks... My 74 has undergone some changes in the past couple years. I drove this Bronco in high school, it was my grandads and i left it with him with a 302 that had probably jumped timing and got forgotten for more than a decade. When my dad died, I asked him about the bronco and his new wife told me she would pay me to haul it off. So i worked on grandad and bought it for $700. He took the money back to Texas with him and replaced all the glass and bought new tires for it, and surprised me a couple weeks later when i went down to pick it up. Unfortunately even with the new glass and rubber, it looked like hell, and needed a LOT of rust repair.

Today the rust is less of a problem thanks to a few replacement floor panels including a salvaged rear floor fron the Bronco Hut. It also has a lower mile 5.8EFI from a 95 Bronco, modified 5.0 intake, 75mm TB, Hedman headers, Custom 2-1 3" exhaust, NP205, and an AOD with Wide ratio 4R70W gears. Then the more common mods, doors w/ removable window frames, 2" body lift, Ford tilt steering, driver's 8 way power seat (front seats from a Dodge Intrepid), power steering (4x4x2 box) Custom brake booster bracket, booster out of an explorer, front disks, aluminum radiator, and 23 gallon fuel tank/skidplate.

Its been a long last couple years, but it is currently registered and on the road, and although i owe a lot of credit to my buddy for helping me out and providing his shop, I am proud to say "Built, Not Bought".

It is still a bit rough around the edges, so im working on those small issues.... My next plans involve building a front and rear bumper, rock sliders, and a roll cage. Then comes bodywork, im pulling off all my trim, filling the holes, filling the antenna and front fuel tank hole, getting a new nosecone and fenders, the front to rear fender mod, and paint. After that I will look at getting some different wheels and bigger tires.

My intent is simply to have a capable 4x4, that still looks "nice".

There are some progress pics on my CB build thread, feel free to

Here is the latest pic with my better half in the driver's seat.

smokin

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1974 Ranger Restomod/Daily driver
Great story. I love that it has such a family history and true sentimental value. Sounds like you have the hard stuff done and now you get to concentrate on the fun stuff. It will be a ton of fun to watch how it progresses. Very cool that your "other half" drives it too. Thanks for the great intro of you and your family Bronco.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's always cool to hit those milestones! Nice job getting it back on the road!

Where is that picture taken from? Looks like the Westcliff area.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Yep, just past silvercliffe where I decided to pull over and let her drive home :)

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cha-Ching! LOL. Assuming your location on CB.com is accurate, that's further than I would venture out on my bronco!!

J.D.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:18 pm

its not, we have been outside of westcliffe for about a year now. i just havent updated that forum yet, on the brink of picking up the anchor and going somewhere else anyway. burnout

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahh. My inlaws live near Rye. Nice area.

You know any good camping sites N and NW of you? Towards Canon?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Not at all. Unfortunately we havent done much camping this year. We spent a lot of time up around lake george last year though. the only camping ive done this year is at turquoise lake with family up outside leadville..

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

PhL0aTeR, Nice old bronco. We fly in the Wet Mountain valley all the time and it is one of the prettier places in SOCO. good luck with your decision to move> Jayson

Jesus-man, there are some good spots off the rainbow trail up higher that did not burn this year. You can also camp at Texas Creek on the Arkansas with lots of trails on the north side of the river. Jayson

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just look at your build thread on CB and I really like the cage. Where did you get it and are you doing the welding or is someone else? Just curious. Looks really good. Jayson

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Good to see you post it up. Happy it's on the road and not just idling around.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats all on all the hard work!

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm