[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - TJ's 74 Bronco money pit
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 TJ's 74 Bronco money pit 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New Bronco Owner Yesssssssssssssss
That will put a stop to this project(no pun intended). And I just painted them. Auto Zone wins again!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm
Post Re: TJ's 74 Bronco money pit
Ouch. Those cast iron drums are kind of fragile.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished the brake job all in drums and new steel braided extended lines. Now I remember why I hate drum brakes. I will do a disc conversion at some point but for now I just wanted to get it rolling.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bronco's first time in the dirt. The twin stick works great. Thanks again Viper.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am starting the floors tomorrow. I will take some pictures. I am sure it will be an adventure considering I have never welded before. :Welding: I have a couple of guys from work coming to help, should be fun.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good luck! If you run into trouble, one of us should be able to swing by and help. I probably could on my way home from work tomorrow.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks I will let you know.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cut your teeth on the passenger side, it's easier. Also remember that electric, fuel and brake lines run along the drivers side frame rail, take care when cutting that side out.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well as usual stuff always takes longer than expected. The cross brace was snapped in half , so I had to fix that. I am 60% done with the drivers side. Had to goto work.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the advise Kinder, I didn't read the post until after I started. If that was the hard side at least its almost done.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welding is harder than it looks.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Want help or a lesson?

Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am almost done l. I should have asked for help instead of watching youtube lol. I was having trouble getting the heat and wire right. It really looked bad until I ground it down. I guess you live and learn.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You're learning the same way I did. Glad to hear it's coming along!

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

:worthless:

Let's see some pics of the progress! The only real way to learn is to just do it. I learned the same way last year although Justin did give me a crash course. After I was about 98% done with all of my body work, he and I went to 2 MIG classes. Maybe should've gone to those earlier!

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hi members, I just joined too. I guess I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post pictures but mine is a 67 that my dad bought new and I bought in 1978 when I was 15! It looked good through high school and college, then it was bad! Should have gone to jail for Bronco neglect! After 25 years of starts and stops on the restoration it's almost done! It runs! Hope to drive it out of the mountains to the October lunch. I look forward to meeting people and helping others. I'm not very skilled, but can teach patience and perseverance!
Peter

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Peter - you need to start your own build thread so we can see what you've been up to.

I prefer to host my pictures on a site called www.photobucket.com and you can copy/paste code from there to here to display pictures.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just bought 4.56 gears, Aussie locker, a master rebuild kit, and outer brake lines for the 76 disc brake front end that I bought a while back. No gear swap would be complete without the rear goodies, so I got 4.56 gears a 31 spline grizzley locker and 31 spline alloy axles and a master rebuild kit.

I hope my wife doesn't look at the bank account in the morning. If she does I don't think I will live long enough to install this stuff.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will do my best. Kinder said he would help out. When I get ready to install everything anyone can come over and learn. This will all be a first for me.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We'll be doing my gears soon, possibly on the 15th. You're welcome to come over and hang out.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I am working I will check tomorrow when I go in. Pm me your address . I'll be over if I can.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I also bought everything I need for the ruffstuff knuckle over conversion. Kinder offered to help build the set up. This project would have died a long time ago without Viper, Kinder and this club. Thanks everyone.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gearing / axle upgrades seem to be the thing this year, 9's are straight forward and easily done with the axle in or out of the vehicle. D44's are not as fun loving and if we can do them while the axle is out of the vehicle it makes life better.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Then I am in luck. The front is sitting on the garage floor.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's like Christmas!

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet! That looks like a pile of fun.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another piece to the axle puzzle.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love my Aussie locker, front right?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes. I went with the Aussie front and a Yukon Grizzly rear.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next