[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - TJ's 74 Bronco money pit
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 TJ's 74 Bronco money pit 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: TJ's 74 Bronco money pit
The package. Knuckle over stuff. Kinda bitter sweet I like getting parts every couple days. I guess I'll have to order more parts before I loose this lovin feeling.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! do you have a particular day set aside yet?

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not yet. I will post up a date soon.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More parts. Track bar riser and stabilizer shock.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good choice

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went to the PnP with Kinder. I picked up a transmission cooler from a mid 90's Range Rover Discovery. I also got an electric fan from a 3.8l Lincoln, arm rests, and windshield wiper switch.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When you said you pulled that off a Disco, and then began to say an electrical... I thought, why are you ruining the reliability of a bronco with LR electrical parts? Then I can kept reading and sighed with relief! Good score on the cooler! What purpose do you have for it and where are you mounting it?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am going to use it as a transmission cooler. I think I can mount it in front of the radiator. I will post pics when I do it.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installing everything tomorrow with Kinder. Should be a learning experience for me.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder schooled me on the dana 44 today. We got the ring and pinion set, locker installed and ball joints installed. Would have been faster if I wasn't in the way, but I wanted to see how it all went together and worked. Thanks for the class Kinder, your awesome dude. See you again soon for the final push.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pictures you say, need proof you say.

Of course we still have a pile of parts to get through.

We'll get there, just need more coffee!

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Almost done.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good!

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hope to have this done soon. Kinder and I did get the front axle installed.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mocked up my new seats.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am finally getting my 351 going. It's only taken 1 1/2 years. Today I stripped the 351 the rest of the way. I took it to Western Engine so they could build the short block. Over the weekend I began sandblasting my Explorer serpentine brackets and my gt40 lower. I also ordered a new flexplate plate and new roller lifters.

This week I am going to buy my Cam, roller rockers and heads. I was going to use gt40p heads, but decided to go aluminum instead. (If anyone wants gt40p heads I will be listing them soon for $100)

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More blasting needed.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

New paint!

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Purty! What did you use to do the blasting?

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lol! Forgot about that. I don't need a blasting cabinet. My wife's judgmental glare looks exactly like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfczxBWJuNg

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More pics.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Still have a collar with your name on it.......

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks. I will come get it soon. I will give you a call.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dropped my motor off last Monday and it was done by the following Wednesday. Here is the receipt. Terry at Western Engine was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That price is for the short block only no cam included.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you like the work they did? I'm thinking about having them do my 170 long block.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The motor looks great. I can't speak on the quality yet. I only picked it up yesterday and haven't had time to look it over. I will let you know. Not the cheapest shop, but not the most expensive either.

P.S. They were about $100 cheaper than there estimate.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pulled the old 302 yesterday and mounted the 351 on the engine stand.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next