[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Yet another New Guy
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Yet another New Guy 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Yet another New Guy
Howdy -- I've been a full-time resident of CO in the past (Parker), and now that I retired I'm a "part-time" resident. I spend summers in Breckenridge (along with a few winter weeks to get some skiing in), and most of the winter in Rockwall, TX. My '74 will be with me in the summers, and I'm looking forward to wheelin' with some of you guys. I am primarily a "mining road" guy, but I've done a bunch of the stuff down in Ouray and the obvious around Summit County, like Mesquito Pass. My '74 was purchased new by my grandpa, and I've done a complete frame off restro mod. It's now got a C4, A/C, beard leather seats, electric boost power disc brakes and a few other goodies. I've taken a few show trophies with it, but decided it was time to take it to the dirt. I just returned from Bronco Daze down in SoCal, and took her on her maiden voyage in the dirt. We had a blast. Here is a pic of my EB with the hartop, but I've just put BC's canvas top on..I don't see a way to upload more than 1 pic, but here is a link with some pics from Bronco Daze ... Hope to see you guys around next summer... Scott

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Yet another New Guy
Scott, good to see you here at the CCB. Glad you found us. Damn nice Bronco you have there. Hope to see you around the trails here sometime next summer.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome. Nice looking truck. Pretty cool the Bronco has been in the family since new.
Mark.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a very cool Bronco story. Honored to have ya in the club - I enjoyed looking at your Bronco on the CB.com Calendar. That is an amazing Bronco and hope to see it and meet you sometime. Welcome to the club!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the welcome, fellas! I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you guys and hopefully making some runs with you. In the mean time, I've got a few things I'll be doing to my truck over the winter to better prepare her for her CO adventures!! Here's another shot of the truck with the new top on...I really like that BC top! See ya around... Scott

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to CCB.

Sweet looking rig !

What's under the hood ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks -- it has a 5.0 crate from Ford Racing. Fast EFI, C4 tranny, BC Serpentine conversion, ABS power brake M/C, dual optimas. Not a race car by any stretch -- but gets me down the highway very nicely. This isn't a great shot, but it shows a little...

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome Coach, glad to see ya on here and look forward to a few runs.

Nice rig and nice work.

Canon City, Co

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any chance you can share a little more about the ABS? I'd be curious to know how that is set up.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome Scott! Glad to see you here!

You have an update on your Baja Racing "endeavors"?

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Boy, I really was out of the loop on that. Sorry to hear you got hurt. I can see why you're taking a break. 450 miles is really something for the Baja and it's cool to hear your crew continue on with the racer! I pit crewed for BCB and Crazy Horse in 2005 and neither rig made it very far, but it was still an awesome experience. Someday, I'll go back.

Anyway, keep us posted on any new racing aspirations!

J.D.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I just purchased a Big Oly replica and will be picking it up from Sol in a few weeks (in Denver). I'm going back to Baja in '14 for the NORRA Mex 500. I can't do the 1000 this yr because it conflicts with my sons graduation from college. I will be in Moab for the Safari, and would love to connect with any of you guys then! Image

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a great Christmas for you Scott!!

I want to get back to baja so bad!!

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let's have a get together when you pick it up ! I'd love to see BigOly in person! Peter

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll let you guys know exact date of pick-up when I finalize plans. I'll be coming from Breck, pick it up in Denver and head straight to Texas where it will be kept while preparing for Baja.

I'm not sure what it is about Baja, but it just gets in your blood doesn't it?

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking forward to seeing this soon !

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]