[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Justin's retroactive build thread
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Justin's retroactive build thread 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Justin's retroactive build thread
Thanks guys! I have no idea if it'll run, but it'll be pretty.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Opened up my cam this morning to discover this little card with all the cam info on it. Looks like there may not be a single grind for the CR266 part number, as these are different than the numbers I found online. Thoughts on the specs? Was happy to see that the duration was 112 rather than the 109 I'd seen previously. More lift (460 vs. 410) as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No significant difference from the specs I have.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool, thanks.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doing work!

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Found a way to add 2 more horsepower.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Making progress.Image

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good! Are those injectors enough? Looks like 17 lb. injectors. I'd think the 351 with the cam you have would need more.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks! Yes, I'm running 1999 returnless so the fuel pressure is higher.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After sitting idle much of the summer due to a recent fishing addiction, I've been picking away at the swap again. Got the pedals converted for the hydraulic clutch and will hopefully have the ZF5 in place tomorrow. Had some shiny good stuff show up in the mail today after a long wait:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Make sure you test the slave cylinder before driving that ZF home. Would hate for you to get a crappy one like Digger and I both had and have to pull it after install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I sprang for a Sachs master and slave after reading about the issues you guys had, so hopefully I'll avoid that.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What's that? Some sort of underdrive?

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup. NP271 based doubler. Gives an additional 2.72:1 before the transfer case.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Success! A huge thanks to phyler!Image

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks llllooonnnngggg. Time to stretch and link the rear poke

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's actually only about 5 1/2 inches and goes in place of the adapter, so not too bad. But yeah, already an inch back in the rear and will go another 1-2" when the links go in.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:01 pm

That the NWFab black box? did you run the 205 or keep the d20? with that underdrive it adds a ton of stress to the d20. make sure to add an HD output.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Behemoth Drivetrain Shorty. Very similar to the NWFab, but a bunch less money. Took a long time and many emails to get, but the machine work appears really high quality. He keeps the cost down by reusing the guts from existing transfer cases, mostly NP241. Kept the D20. I didn't want to deal with the size of the 205. Thought about using a Dana 300 as a compromise, but they're not really smaller and I'm not a heavy throttle wheeler. I've got a couple of spare stock outputs and plan to carry one, but if I'm breaking them then a HD one will go in.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Progress! Rebuilding the D20 was easier than I'd anticipated. Many thanks to Digger for turning down the output shaft of the doubler. Still working with the vendor to get a proper replacement, but I'll keep that as a spare unless the machining looks way better. Been picking away at the smaller tasks too. Need to decide if I'm going to run the current NWP 23 gallon tank and modify it to accept the '99 Mountaineer sending unit or spring for a new tank that's easier to retrofit. Will need a new tank at some point anyway to make room to push the rear axle further back, but don't really have the spare $$ right now for it.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:23 am

In the next several months I'll be needing to ordering a tank from Aero as well, I think my axles is 5-6" back? hoping for around 17 gallons and not have the tank hang as low as their design. Here is a quick drawing of what I came up with a while back without mounting hardware or skid plate.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You shortened the 16.5" to 13.5" and also the 14.5" high to 13". That would help.

I was thinking to leave the plan view essentially the same, shorten the height by 2", but make a c-shape cutout in the front of the tank where the pumpkin wants to be. The overall height of mine is 13-1/8". Overall length is 22-5/8" and width is also 22-5/8". Also, my sender isn't countersunk, but the tank has nubs on top to protect the wiring. I have not done any volume calculations, but it should still be pretty close to 20 gal.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd be open to putting together a group buy if we can agree on a design. If nothing else, we'd probably save some shipping cost. I'd like one that can fit (or be modified to fit) the stock explorer sending unit.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had mine built about 3" shallower than their normal tank, no other mods (about 19 gallons). I've moved it back even with the end of the frame. I had to cut & fold some sheet metal & add hangers to the rear of the frame crossmembers. I've moved my rear axle back 3.25", and my tank is a little close the pumpkin. It won't surprise me if there is a little interference on full compression. If there is too much interference, I might spring for one like JD's talking about with a pre-clearanced area for the pumpkin.

DSCN7798.JPGDSCN7791.JPGDSCN7795.JPG
DSCN7841.JPG

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool, thanks. I'm tempted to just build one.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More progress....Image

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So, I was going to try to be sneaky and roll into the Platte get-together in my freshly re-powered Bronco. Since Garry is awesome, he spent the afternoon helping me finish up the last of the wiring and working a few bugs out. Fired the engine, which ran...badly. Something is up. The cooling system is pressurizing. With the plugs removed, a little coolant is spraying out of the #6 cylinder. I though the #5 plug came out wet, but may have been mistaken about which one it was. Thoughts? Bad head gasket install? Cracked block? Any help is appreciated.

On the upside, I fired my engine today.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry Justin. That is heartbreaking! We found a leak in the head of my freshly rebuilt engine and it was deflating. We used a product to seal up the crack (a coolant treatment) and I haven't had any issues with leaks in 2 years, but it sounds like yours is a bit more serious than mine was.

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next