[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New to the board
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 New to the board 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New to the board
Hello everyone!

Let me start by saying thank you for getting me motivated again. I have owned my 74 for 12 yrs now, but rolled it 2 summers ago. Last Saturday I drove through the lot to see all the broncos, which was a beautiful sight. Everyone must have been inside so I didn't get to meet anyone at that time. I just met Brianut out here in Parker, and after talking with him, and seeing all of the broncos together at the breakfast, I'm really excited about getting back on the road. It will be my main focus for the summer!

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New to the board
Hope everyone is OK from the roll over. I can see why it would sit after something like that happening. I am happy you found the group. We do breakfasts each month, along with tech classes, and more. A very warm welcome and hope to meet up soon.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A big welcome from another new guy, couldn't ask for a better group of people. I look forward to seeing you at a breakfast get together.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the group. Looks like you got a little work ahead of ya. Glad to see we motivated you to start in on it again.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome. You've come to the best group to get motivated, advice and help!

J.D.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Honestly - that is the first time I have seen one like that, floor boards sitting on the frame - no body tub at all. Kinda cool.

Welcome to the board, I look forward to your build.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting you all as well.

Nobody was hurt in the rollover. The rollbar did it's job well, though it's going to need some repair as well. It happened up in Lefthand, and most of the damage came from getting it back upright. I pulled the windshield out because it was shattered, grabbed a motorcycle helmet from a friend in Boulder, and drove back to Parker. I thought it was just the bedrails that I would need to replace, but once you remove once piece, you just find more and more rust. So now I'm down to bare metal, and not much of it. I'm looking forward to all the new body parts going back on without any problems. Ha!

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you should never run a roll cage or roll bar that has been damaged. It severely weakens the tubes.

At least with your bronco tore down, you can do a lot of rust prevention and make it last longer than it did from the factory!

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The last photo is shocking, I've never seen one tore down that far.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To become an official member you have to have at least one complete Bronco.

just kidding

icon biggin

glad to have you aboard and look forward to watching your project !

PS.............I would also recommend getting a new roll cage

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome! That's definitely the Bare Bones Edition Bronco. They're really rare, I think they only made them for a few months in late 1973. I'd be tempted to throw some seats in that thing and wheel it like that.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bobby Unser owned one of those Bare Bones models at one point in time. I don't know if you want to use his take off parts on your Bronco, but I'm guessing you can find some nice aftermarket stuff that will bolt on.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]