[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New to the site
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New to the site 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New to the site
Hello all!! My name is Chad and this is my 69!

http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww96/ImIn4Lo/

I bought it in 1997 when it was slime green. Like everyone, it has seen many changes in color and shape. Rattle can black, then yellow, then red. I have narrowed it 10 inches. Sectioned 5 off each side. Lengthened the wheelbase to 100". Took out leaf springs for coils and a swing arm setup. Very simple design that works REALLY well. 5.5" Wild Horses suspension and 3" body lift. Makes room for 40" MTR stickys on Allied beadlocks. Still has the ole 302. I put on a holley 4 barrel and headers. She isnt a powerhouse, but runs great and never lets me down. NP 435 tranny. Dual dana20 T-cases. Tom Woods drive shafts. AGR hydraulic assist for steering. Front is a Dana 44 with F150 knuckles, disk brakes, 4.88 gears, ARB locker, Warn 31 spline ChroMo axles, CTM joints and warn hubs. Rear end is a custom big bearing 9 inch by Mark Williams. 4.88's and detroit locker. Moser 35 spline ChroMo axles and disk brakes. Interior and entire cage are sprayed with Linex. Powertank supplies air for front locker and anything else. Premier Power Welder is on board too!! Top and doors are Best Top. Narrowed to fit.
My wife, daughter (10) and son (7) join me on trips to Moab and we have even pulled it all the way to CA to run the Rubicon.. We live on the north side of Colorado Springs and always have a local micro brew in the keg. Bring your Bronco by for a brew and chat about wheelin!!!
Hope to meet up with you all for some fun on the trails!!!

Chad :beer:

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New to the site
Very sweet rig! Welcome to the club, look forward to seeing it in person someday.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Justin! Nice to be around some other Bronco freaks!!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A very warm welcome to the club - happy you found us. Sounds like an amazing Bronco. Thanks for the intro and hope to meet ya soon.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New to the site
Happy Saturday and a newbie!! Welcome! Awesome rig.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you very much!!! I love your Will Ferrell quote!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New to the site
Glad ya made an introduction thread finally, I was wondering if i'd ever see ya on the forum since I saw your truck at that xrra race 4-5 years ago sweet rig for sure

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome. Sweet rig you got there. Can't wait to see it in person.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

AWESOME!! So glad you posted this up! Looks like I will be seeing you tomorrow to get those wheel spacers for hockeydad and to check your bronco out in person. I will give you a call around noon or so tomorrow to schedule it.

VERY NICE BRONCO!!!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you say you have 2 D20's?

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for all the comments guys.. Yup 2 Dana 20's.. Wild Horses sold it as the Cold Duck a long time ago. Works great! The second one is just half the t-case so it acts like a doubler. Bolted up to the back of the main case.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Colorado75Bronc, Thats so cool you remember my rig from that race. Since then Ive rolled it and thanks to State Farm, totally rebuilt it again. Changed the color of the stripes a bit. They were a unique shade of purple. Was pretty cool, but I like the jet black they are now even better. I was out at that RAM off road park wheelin a couple weeks ago. That place is pretty fun. Has some KILLER climbs. I made most, but there are a couple that I just dont have the wheelbase for.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New to the site
Ya I still have pics from that day of it

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HAHAHA You got it, thats the perfect cover charge. I live on the North side of the springs. Just North of Interquest... Yours sounds sweet too!! I want your motor, trans and t-case!!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You got a nice lookin' rig there that I'd like to see myself. Welcome to the club.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How's your suspension setup?? Wait - never mind, I can see it here:

That looks like flat ground? What happened?

Just razzin ya. I recognize the location of a lot of your pictures. Looks like fun! Your Chromo's and joints holding up well to those big meats??

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks sbolt19! Looks like yours is sweet too. Love to see them on the trail!! Cool avitar....

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jesus_Man.... You crack me up!! hahahaha I Love how you put that pic up like that! hahahah That was being stupid on that ledge above Double Whammy. My left rear tire went into an undercut and the Bronco rotated around the axle. Crazy man!!!! I made short work of Double Whammy over on the right and was feelin cocky.... Big mistake.... AS for the axle shafts and joints, Ive punished that setup for at least 6 years now and ive only broke one stub shaft axle. Helping a buddy on Die Trying in Montrose..(Love that trail)... Warn did a free replacement on it. YAY!! If I ever break a CTM, I WILL buy them again... WOW they rock... :beer:

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats funny i too have a pic on my cell phone of your rig at the xrra event a while back fell in love with it back then awsome to see that it's still around.! Glad you found the site :beer:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Im lovin the Goodyear MTR's... 40" stickys. icon biggin

Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chinaman's...nice That first pic makes your bronco look like a toy for some reason.

Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man that sure is purty.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun May 06, 2012 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun May 06, 2012 7:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That really is a sweet Bronco - love the paint and wheels.

Sun May 06, 2012 8:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. It was a fun day. Finally made it up that stinkin whale tail too. I've been trying to go up that for years. Felt good to crawl that sucker.
Off to Moab tomorrow. I will try to add some new pics soon. :beer:

Wed May 09, 2012 10:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I LOVE MOAB!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed May 23, 2012 5:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The sand roost pic is awesome!

Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 pm