[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - TFB SITREP
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 TFB SITREP 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Big O
Finished running the fuel lines (3/8 for supply & 5/16 for return), brake lines & electrical down the frame. Picked up the tub from storage today and plan to clean up and undercoat the bottom tomorrow and then put out the call for help to drop the body on the frame this week. Two months to get it finished, I think we'll make it.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Count on my help with body install as soon as you rea

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cleaned the bottom of the tub today, need to finish welding up the floor panel replacements & finish up the undercoating. Tore into the rear & engine bay wiring harnesses to do some repairs, should be ready to put on the tub later this week.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If I'm free I can come help.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And we are ready to set the tub on, does anyone have some spare time Friday afternoon or even Saturday after the swap meet to help?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd be happy to help. Only time I have free is Friday after 3:30. I could probably make it to your house around 4:15. Would need your address again if the time works for you.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I should have a couple hours free Friday afternoon also.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Friday afternoon is good for me - or Saturday after the swap meet. Just say when and I am there.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks fellas, how does 430-500 pm work for everyone? I'll have the frame rolled outside and the body ready to go, so it should be a 5 min deal.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That works for me.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Works for me. PM me your address and I will be there.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will be there as soon as I can. I get off work at 4ish - you know how far my shop is from your place and at 4pm on a Friday afternoon... probably going to take closer to 45 min to get to yours.

Of course I just might have to "go check a job down south" on my way home and get out a bit early.......

Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished up the repairs, used 3 pieces (2 channel, 1 flat) to replace a floor brace that was cut out. I'm getting better at welding the thin stuff. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360345347.018786.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is the body on yet or do you still need help?

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh, that bad boy is on. Kinder suckered a bunch of people in to coming over and helping him drop it on yesterday. I suspect he lured them in by promising them a peek at that 4BT he has tucked away under the work bench.

BTW Kirk/Willem, that thing is looking great! I didn't have much time to ogle it today, but from what I saw you guys scored well on it.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yep, got the body on and Willem and I tore into that yesterday after the swap meet, started in on the flaky and surface rust areas with a wire wheel. Also pulled the dash, heater system and vent system, plus any bolts or screws we missed from the firewall and body. Made a patch for the driver inner fender section that attaches to the tub (front clip is still off until we fire up the motor) and welded up a reinforcement piece where the steering box mounts, the frame area was good, but I wanted to get in front of the box ripping off the frame problem that others have experienced.

Here is a pic right before the tub was put on, I'll get a pic of it on this a.m.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got a lot done on Sunday, biggest item was getting the engine running. Matt was the early arrival so he helped me hook up all those pesky items that let an engine run. Phil saw or heard the "Viperwolf" beacon and showed up just in time to straighten out all the mistakes I'd made... the man knows ohms for EVERY THING! Mike was next and helped get the engine running by taking care of the critical dizzy pumping... don't ask. Finally Greg pulled up with the last link, I believe it was a rabbits foot, though he claimed he was just picking up some hub parts. I'll get the video up of the engine running, but for now I only have a pic.

We actually got a little stripping done as well, Phil & Mike stuck around for even more afternoon fun with Phil being the clear winner on how to turn into a Oompa Loompa with just a fine coating of Big O's old paint. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that one.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Video!

http://youtu.be/aZVdxuv01Jo

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 am

congrats. Thats a nice feeling hearing it come to life.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice guys!

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You could have been like those Fast and Loud Monkeys and waited to put the body on before checking if the engine works! Solid job. When is the goal to have it done?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a great day of getting dirty and turning wrenches. Sorry I missed out. Of course, you guys are probably happy I didn't make it. Wicked cold raging through the house last week. How come you never told me having a kid was like having a live Petrie dish in your house all the time?

You planning to put a detachable front clip on that thing? Maybe weld some nuts on the back side of where the inner fender mount?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just some pics of the 2nd or third Big O stripper party!

Sun 3-10

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Huge thanks to Greg, Drew and Justin for spending some of their weekend time to sand on Big O. I know my neighbors where happy when we stopped, who knew running 5 sanders would make so much noise, lol!

A couple pics showing Greg actually working and not just taking photos.

Also want to thank Matt for swinging by the day prior and working with Willem to rebuild his gauge cluster, it looks beautiful!

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keith (Plumbdoctor) spent some quality time at our place last night priming any panel that wasn't welded to the tub.

Thanks a ton Keith.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363362001.017685.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363362022.819745.jpg

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are you guys going to be shooting paint yourselves? When is the painting planned?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not even going to try painting myself, I lack those skills, I can barely bang a dent out. Paint will be outsourced, we still have a ton of prep work to do on the tub itself, but we are making good progress.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next