[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - TFB SITREP
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 TFB SITREP 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Big O
Got the roll bar mocked in tonight, we were originally going 2 use a bolt-in bar with legs that went to the tailgate, but changed our minds and went with a welded short leg that goes to the tops of the wheel wells.

Hope 2 pick up seat belts tomorrow and let crazy boy drive it to school on Friday. Run for your lives!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

OK, I know it only sort of fits, but now it's stuck in my head so it had to be posted.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ernie at 4 Wheel Parts in Westminster was able to get me a really good deal on seatbelts if your interested.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Heading out on our maiden voyage, I'll post up pics & video if it makes it, even if we tow it home.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear how it went!!

Great news!

Matt

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's great! Hope all goes well.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I think it was a success, a couple of problems popped up, we'll sort those out over the next couple of days.

Pic, 1st stop... Fuel!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365993625.963471.jpg

And of course we couldn't go home without seeing some smoke!

http://youtu.be/P6fcZ9TMtb4

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet-- congrats! Always a rewarding feeling and you'll never forget your first ride!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's awesome. I'll try to stop in at the tint place we were PMing about to see if I can swing a deal for you.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ha super sweet.. great burn out!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

one tire fire!!!!

Good job guys. I bet there is a smile that wont go away. Im jealous and wish mine was done and driving.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks awesome guys!!

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very Nice job! All the hard work paid off.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the color! Awesome 1st ride for a High Schooler.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had no idea you guys would have it done by the Birthday deadline but it looks like you guys hit the deadline and created an amazing Bronco. Keith did a great job painting. Love the color, wheels, tires, lift, etc. Beautiful Bronco and whole project came together.

Congrats on the new Bronco and Happy 16th Birthday!

Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Phil shows up with shiny parts, Phil gives much needed instruction to 6' 3" bronco owner, Phil cracks jokes, Phil takes test drive, now all is right with Bubba Smurf.

THANKS A TON PHIL!

Sun May 19, 2013 9:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Best way ever to replace a trans

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368997866.349797.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 19, 2013 3:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats just cheating there.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bubba Smurf is getting an alignment check, I'll guess the following are out; track, camber, caster & toe. I'll also guess that the caster & toe are close and that we won't be getting the $69 special price.

I think the front axle has a slight bend the way the camber looks on one side because the ball joints are in good condition.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can always buy the degreed eccentrics for the upper balljoint, do you know if you can still get the spindle camber shims?

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Tue May 21, 2013 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i might have some dana44 upper ball joint sleeves that you can adjust.. i will look..

Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Corey, I have a set of those camber shims, Willem won them at the Memorial fun run, so we will be putting one of them them in.

Chris, if you have a set I'd like to pick them up as well for the caster.

Turns out the whole tuck is out slightly for all measurements including the rear axle. We need more caster, even though I put in the correct C bushings for the lift, camber is okay on the driver side but I need 1 degree on the pass side, I need to dial in a bit more toe in (the easiest to fix) and finally I need to try to twist the rear axle counter clock wise from a top view look of the truck. All the bushings for the entire suspension were replaced, new ball joints & new steering components were installed when we built it so I guess I should expect some tweaking.

It drives well for a bronco, but with a 16 yo behind the wheel I'm going to try and get it to drive as safe as possible. I'm going to get it up to speed now that we have the trans sorted out and see what shakes loose.

Wed May 22, 2013 7:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sure will arrange to drop them off or if your in the neighborhood

Wed May 22, 2013 7:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 22, 2013 1:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And I would love to grab that body lift from you as well. Hoping to get the tub out of the yard this weekend... (if it does not work out - no biggie, I have plenty of hockey pucks I can use for mock up purposes)

Wed May 22, 2013 1:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

sure iam around today and friday

Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went down the highway at 90 mph in bubba smurf ran like a champ even with a tired 351 still pulls like no other. Video soon to follow.

Mon May 27, 2013 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sporting the summer look, still have to sort out the snaps, but the safari look is a keeper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371751411.144813.jpg

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet! Glad you got the header rail sorted!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next