[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Just gettin started...
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Just gettin started... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Just gettin started...
Progress...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Beautiful!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So what body color are you going with?

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Stars have aligned

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeeeeep!
Light Goldenrod Paint
Ford code M3565
Ditzler/PPG 2298

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Interesting color choice. Was that the original on the truck or do you just really like it?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's what the Marti Report said...

BUT!!!!!!!

That is just the frame. I'm 100% sure that it has undergone a Re-Tub!...So NO Orange!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you get the pdf Marti or hard copy? If pdf, I'd be interested in seeing it. Your vin is close to my grey kit Bronco. And your color is the same as my '73.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Who's doing your paint work? How's the quality?

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would say quality wise on the top and the top only, probably about a 7 out of 10...
The vertical sides and the liftgate in the back are probably a nine out of 10. I just didn't spend very much time sanding the top of the top because you'll never see it.

"Bill" is a retired paint and body guy that I've known for a few years now and I just go over to shoot the breeze every now and then and he likes to stay busy at his shop with different projects, usually his.( in the last five years I've seen him working on his Chevelle, a couple of jeeps, a couple of Broncos, and an F150.

He let me slide a little bit on the top because he said you'll never see it but I think for what I'm gonna use it for it looks amazing. Definitely not perfect, but very very nice.

Now the body is another thing. He's fixing every dent and every crease every scratch and even he's excited about how nice he thinks it's going to turn out! I keep telling him that it doesn't have to be a show Bronco, that's definitely not what I want and it's OK if it has a little bit of character to it! I guess I keep telling myself that so the first time I take it out and scratch it I won't feel quite as bad ;)

Just a very nice older gentleman who likes to keep busy and I think hates to be alone in his shop! Like I said he's only charging me for what he pays for materials :):):)

I thought this would be like a two month project but I'm guessing it will be done in the next 14 days or less!!!!

I'm using the Marti report as an outline only, I want to have that stock look and feel to it but obviously with the lift and some Strope parts and rare parts thrown in. When it's done it should look like some kind of "Pedigreed Mutt!"
......more pics soon....

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

72 Explorer Sport just as I suspected.

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good eye and Good call!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Just gettin started...
You know that's a one year only truck right? Sport and Explorer options weren't available on the same truck in any other year.

Also, the paint would have been known as Durango Tan for that year. Basically the same as Goldenrod. Just a different name.

My '73, TO, is also an X code but listed as Goldenrod due to the year difference.

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, I did know it was at least a little bit special in that respect.
and as far as the paint goes, well, I'm not sure about that, Marti thinks it was Light Goldenrod. Tomato...Tomahto?
Both are X codes PPG 2298 but '72-73 was Light Goldenrod and '73 for Durango Tan.

Same paint = same color,
different year = different name.

I feel your passion for the details! I'm always looking for the diamond in the ruff...or the POS in the ruff for that matter!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good looking results!

Its still typical for manufacturer's to change the name of the paint, but not the color. Apparently Jeep color names got a lot more patriotic after 9/11.

We've also found different manufacturers using the exact same color with the exact same paint code. So they are sourcing the paint from the same paint manufacturer and probably using their code.

What is really weird is when you start comparing the variants of a specific color. Many times we'll have to choose from 5 or more different "Goldenrod" chips, supposedly all matching factory paint jobs (different factories, models, paint sources). Sometimes they are surprisingly different when held side by side.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HA! LOL!!!
You're too funny!
I guess that I thought that Marti was the All knowing Supreme being? Huh?

Anyway, At least on paper (right here, right now) it will look like this...

1972 Bronco Explorer Sport
"Durango Tan"
Ginger Ranger Houndstooth interior
'66 Eyebrow grill
Stroppe Rubberized Steering wheel
Stroppe Rollbar

Once it's done it should be one fine looking conversation piece!

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those eyebrow grills are ugly. You should trade me.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And you should trade me that Stroppe wheel. :D

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ha! Better make it quick, or it will have some Light Goldenrod paint on it!
poke

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hood's done...

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Sweet!!! fire fire

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1 piece at a time ;)

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a Johnny Cash song about a Cadillac??

Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ha!...And it wouldn't cost me a dime!

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So close I can taste it!!!!
Door jams, dash, windshield, and inside this week, along with exterior primed and final sand with guide coat and finish up next week!!!!!!

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Time to see if I can remember where everything goes!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next