[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Project "Wilma" 1971 Bronco
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Project "Wilma" 1971 Bronco 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Project "Wilma" 1971 Bronco
Seems similar to where I'm at. I started with the floor pans and am building off of that. You can look up my build thread to see photos. It is called Project Downward Spiral. You seem to have more metal in areas than I did.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, you are right. I've measured it on a couple trucks to verify.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's damn nice of you guys to get the measurements posted up. Especially since we are going to be making several of the same repairs. I was not aware that the door posts leaned in that far. This explains why my doors on the 74 had better gaps when the bed sides were tied to the old smittybuilt roll bar I had before going to the cage. I tried flexing the bed rails in with a ratchet strap before I painted it but never got it to line up correctly. Trial and error is a good teacher so hopefully August and I will be able to get his more square than I got mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This will help once I get back on mine. August and yourself are more than welcome to assist....

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More deconstruction.

I'm not going to rant again about POs. But seriously, literally welding the new panels and patches to the existing rusted ones..... Who does that and why bother?

I will also be replacing both kick panels, obviously.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drivers side floor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My 66 looks to have a new rocker patched over the old one, too.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I haven't decided if I am using the rockers yet, my original plan was to cut them and build sliders but my current plan is 35's and she has 4.5" suspension lift, prob going to need 1" BL. She is going to be plenty tall, I may want to keep the lower body panels just for looks

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spent several hours on Sunday removing the rest of the drivers side floor pan and temping in the new one - held in place with sheet metal screws for now - I need to pick up kick a kick panel and install it at the same time... oh and front door post - cant forget that......

And yeah - I failed to take any pics of the progress (I was kind of pissed off, I am not at all happy with how the new panels are currently fitting). If the after work schedule allows, I am hoping to attempt a re-fit tonight and will take some pics at that time.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Progress again today, decided I did not like the way the drivers floor turned out so I re-worked to. Much happier now.

Then started on the rear strike post. What a royal PITA. And of course I am not happy with it either. Putting the whole thing together with sheet metal screws before I break out the welder, just to make sure the doors work.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day, right?

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Started in on the drivers side hinge post today. Discovered even more jankyass PO rust repairs. Now need to order both driver and passenger kick panels.

Cut away rust, ground rust off, removed sections of sheet metal that were covering yet more rust.... Beat the folded up floor back into the correct position...

And recreated this Z shaped piece that goes between the cowel and fender, welded it in.

So then I had a frosty beverage

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Crazy part is the cowel itself is in really good shape, no rust at all. I think once I have rust repairs done, I will take her to be blasted and see how bad the rest of the tub is...

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm glad to see forward movement on this project!

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

After a weekend in the garage like this, it is hard for me to consider it "moving forward"...

I guess the fact that there is far less rusted sheet metal and scabbed on patches welded over it, we can call it moving forward.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's the spirit Greg!

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the Drivers side mostly welded in then ran out of shielding gas for the welder. So it looks like she is heading to Oregon with some sheet metal screws. Went ahead and primed the fresh sheet metal. My dad came over and helped by cutting the old body mounts off the frame and painting it for me.

Next step is to move the tub to the frame one evening this week. I will post up for help when I know which evening

Driver side ready to move

Dad cutting off the last of the body mounts

In the foreground is some of the parts heading to the swap meet and some steel that will not be heading to OR with me if anyone wants it, come on over (preferably while we are putting the tub on the frame)

Tue May 30, 2017 7:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So some really cool guys took time from their busy evening schedules to come hang out, have a beverage or two and something pretty awesome happened along the way

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by hockeydad4-22 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2017 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's great! Wish I could have swung by to help. Work sucks and beer is awesome.

Wed May 31, 2017 10:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wiillllmmmaaaa!

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5