[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New little boy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 New little boy 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New little boy
Hey everybody, my name is Chandlar, I recently turned 16 in October and in August we bought my first car, a 72 Bronco. We bought it out of Elizabeth, it had one owner, uncut, original carpet, seats, everything. My dad and I have been pumping out hours on it. He is a member on here too (99f250) and I'd like to thank him for all the work and time he has put into it. So far it has a 3.5" suspension lift, 35" Dick Cepeks with 17" Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy wheels, custom exhaust, roll cage, front and rear bumpers, sandblasting and painting (all thanks to Fabworx Inc.), Corbeau front and rear RS seats, has been Dupont-lined, converted Hurst floor shifter, and a carpet kit. I'd also like to thank Bronco Hut for all their work as well! I have a black Supertop waiting to be put on. Here's some pictures of the progress over the past 4 months. Ever since we bought this I can't seem to find any money left.. it never ends. We also ride quads, and I've put way more in that than I would have liked to.
Sorry for the bad pictures. When she gets pretty close to done soon I'll take some good ones and post a lot more.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New little boy
welcome, and nice ride my friend............you should quickly confirm your place as big man on campus with that thing

I hope you let your dad drive it once in a while until he gets his own

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Chandlar! Where did you get the idea for those awesome seats and belts? ;) Your rig is looking great! I'll always remember that day you guys were driving home from a day of lookin at Broncos in the Springs and I emailed your dad that ad on Craigslist. Welcome to the club! Are you guys thinking of making it to the meeting in Castle Rock and subsequent caravan to the Bronco Hut this Saturday?

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Such a smooth Bronco. One of the hotest cages ever. I am going with the same Seats as you and Airbur. I was going buckets in the back, but have switched back to a bench. Looks great and way excited to see the transformation of Cool to Off the Charts. Great looking ride!

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice and a great start for a young man. You and your dad will have some wonderful memories and fantastic future days ahead.

Great work and I know it will get even better. I must say you are a little young to be so addicted to the Bronco sickness. Good luck with that.

Oh and by the way the girls will love it.

Canon City, Co

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you guys.
Rox Crusher - he has put a ton of time into it so I gladly trade him for the lifted Powerstroke. :)
Erik - thank you for letting me come look and drive yours! Eric basically made my Bronco happen. We had been looking all day in the Springs without luck and when we were almost home he told us about this one and we bought it the next day.
Entourage - I appreciate it, I think it is one of a kind. I love the seats too. In the back we have built a bracket that raises the seat 4 inches in the back and 5 in the front to make it sort of recline and it works great.
ManTruck- Thank you. I've already dug myself a nice money pit in it and can't wait for my best paycheck to dump in it.

Last edited by Raptoracer24 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Which Bench did you go with - 36, 40, or 42? I know the space is around 40" but the 40" is not available in all gray vinyl. I am toying with mounting the 42" on risers (like you did) and making it work.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome. Me and My son Joah are doing the same thing. His is orange also. We'll have to try to hook up at one of the meetings so we can see each others work. His checks get dumped into his too!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Chandlar! I know your dad thru the PSD club. Anyway, great choice on your first ride!! You will command respect with it, but in turn you also have to respect the bronco too. It could get you into trouble and even hurt. Just talking from experience even tho my first car was a mustang V8.

What a great look for a bronco. That orange and white with black wheels looks awesome! I dig it!

J.D.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Entouage - I went with the 40" seat in the rear. I will post some more pictures tonight when I get home from school. I hope to see and meet everybody this Saturday!
Jesus_man nice to see a Powerstroke owner on here too maybe we'll bring the truck Saturday. Hoping to paint the fenders black and put the black Supertop on soon as well.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some more pictures

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Beautiful!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow....great looking rig!!!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What lift kit are you running? Did you find it to be a true 3.5" or plus or minus?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm running the Wild Horses (I believe?) my dad had bought it as kind of a surprise for me but I think it might be a little bigger, possibly closer to 4"

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chandlar is running a 3.5" suspension with no body lift. Unfortunately, it has also acquired a lean to the driver's side after the lift. I'm telling you, we need a "Fix my lean" workshop!

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah I'm not liking the lean very much at all..

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

counter-weights

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey thats a nice truck. Pretty cool that you and your dad are building it together. My dad and I did the same but it took many more years to get to the point you are at. Keep up the good work.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice bronco, love the cage.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What the. That broncois diggiti dope. What a great first car. You are the man on campus. For sure. Your getting.g the ladies with that beauti.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guy I appreciate it a lot.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Raptor - what is the approximate height of your rear seat mount? Anyone hit top of their heads on the Cage? I remember you said the Corbeau mount was a lot of work but did you end up using the Corbeau or fab something custom? Would you make any changes to rear seat (higher, lower, etc.)?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Entourage - They built the bracket at Fabworx in New Mexico when I wasn't there but I think they took the Corbeau mount and did some work on it. The factory one barely got off the floor so they mounted brackets on it that are 5 inches high in the front and 4 in the rear. There isn't anything i would really change about it except maybe a half inch more recline in it. It lets me get my tools and speakers under it but at the same time nobody has smashed their head on it (yet).

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Eric,

She's only leaning in the front by one inch now. We're close but not quite there :)

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]