[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - LUBER build for my friend Todd
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 LUBER build for my friend Todd 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post LUBER build for my friend Todd
A few weeks I had seen a thread on CB.com requesting help to look at a bronco in Colorado springs. I offered to come down and give the truck a good look over before he bought it. Well long story short Todd whom had posted the thread didn't end up buying this truck, it was full of rust, and after I found out his intentions for it, I suggested a few ideas. Todd really liked all of my suggestions, but just doesn't really have the time, place or really the knowledge to go it alone. So he asked "why don't I just have you build it?" I was shocked, since I had just met him only hours before. But i am very thankful for his trust and i assured him that he will have one sweet truck when I'm done! The search began over the past few weeks I ha contacted many owners, looked at a few and just wasn't satisfied with any, until i found one in Peyton, CO on Craigslist. I called left a message and about a day later Terry(the now previous owner got back to me). Todd had to fly back to florida the next morning so we went out looked it over and drove it. It needs a few things but overall a great truck to start with. Two days later, last Saturday I was driving out with the check to pic it up, I've still got to get the hardtop tomorrow, but for now I got it home, stripped
The interior, washed all the grime out and I'm now working up the initial estimate for Todd. The plans are fix the front floor pans properly as I'm not happy with the way they were fixed, go through he current 302 that's in it, reseal/rebuild all that is needed to make it good, solid and reliable for many years, install mustang 5.0L efi on the existing engine with a different camshaft, install a NV3550 5spd, go through the diffs and t-case, install a new reproduction white/parchment interior, and if there's enough left in the budget get a nice factory 1972 paint job! So here's some pics so far! I'm so excited to get rolling on this, Todd is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, him and his wonderful girlfriend Jenn have already taken me and ImageImageImageImageImageImageImagemy wife to dinner and lunch and payed for the time spent to check out broncos and are just as enthusiastic about this as I am!

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Post Re: LUBER build for my friend Todd
Looks like a good place to start.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Looks nice. I like the plan. Is it lifted already? What tires/wheels y'all going with.

Congrats Todd.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya it has a old 2.5 or 3.5" duff lift on it, for now we'll run that and eventually do a Wildhorses or bc broncos suspension in a year or two, the plan for tires is 31's to 32's

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Really clean looking truck, nice start.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya I'm pretty happy with it, so I picked up the top tonight, here's some pics of it sitting on the truck

ImageImage

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow, that's so much like my first one it's crazy! Although this one is clearly in much better condition. What a fun project Corey, I can't wait to see the progress. Where in Peyton was the truck? That is an interesting soft-top. Looks like you have a little more room in that garage!

J.D.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That Bronco is sharp. Heck of a base to start with.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya I'm loving the garage! JD it was off of Peyton hwy just after it turns to dirt on prospector drive, right up the road from my in laws house, and ya the top was a custom halfcab soft top

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a good start to a sweet ride Corey.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up these original, not reproduction but oem hubcaps, that were pulled of at the dealer in 75' by the original owner and haven't been on a bronco since, they're so nice!Image

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow, what a score! I don't know the best way to protect them, but one trip in the mag chloride one winter and they will not look so good. Clear-coat powdercoat?

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 am

Corey rocks!

And for those of you who've met him, you'll know immediately why I decided to trust him with the restoration of this Bronco after knowing him for 15 minutes. He's a great guy, with a great skill set, and honest as the day is long!

And I promise to keep those hubcaps out of the mag chloride down in FL, since we don't have much of a winter there!

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments on the Bronc... excited to be a member of this awesome community!

Todd

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Where did you find those?!? I need some that look that nice, haha.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A Craigslist ad in Lakewood that Zach posted on here, thanks Zach for posting up all those links last week

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I pulled the whole drivetrain out on Sunday, now I gotta start cleaning stuff up and then start placing ordersImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I need your motivation. Between work and the kiddo I'm lucky if I have the time to put gas in mine.

Plugging right along. What's next on the agenda?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've gotta start tearing the motor down, send the heads to the machine shop, order the floor pans, camshaft, the new welder, and some efi parts, get the tanks out, clean up parts, ya know the usual lol

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:55 am

Corey how's the build coming along?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good, sorry I haven't posted much up lately, it's been a little slow going, I got the welder picked up, gas bottle and materials to build a welding cart, the first toms bronco parts order got in last night. But there may be a change in plans, Todd was here over the weekend, and since I'm selling my 351w soon to fund my 4bt swap, he likes the idea of a little more power so I have to put a rough quote together for refreshing my 351w and dropping it in instead of his 302. In the mean time as soon as I get the welding cart built I'll start on the floor pans. So hopefully I'll get to do all that this week and weekend.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 pm

well?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got a lot in the works, he decided to have me pull the tub and have it media blasted and fully restore the body, so now I've gotta do rockers and a drivers door post, I'll try to post some pics this weekend of what's done, the engine is built, just gotta pick it up, I've got the nv4500 sitting on the garage floor, it was way to cold in the garage to do anything last weekend, the drivers floor is done, passenger almost done, i fully gutted the engine bay and interior, pulled the dash and the whole wiring harness, pulled the front clip, heres some pics of recent work
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great work Corey!

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you JD, sorry progress has been slow, there's been a lot of plan changes, and the engine and my personal life/ work life have made it hard to crank through everything

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

thats a big change!!! Pulling the body off is a big change from just building an engine.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let me know if you need a hand, I've had plenty of experience lately

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Kirk will do when the time comes

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time, here's all the progress, passenger floor all done, both rocker panels and the drivers front door post ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And here's the pics of the built 351w efi in its protective baggy, and the nv4500 just waitingImageImageImage
Next weekend I should be posting pictures of it after visiting the blaster and its first time off of the frame since it was built :)

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next