[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
Yes, water takes too long to evap.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installed the rear seat after finding out the first one was defective.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Went topless this weekend. Was also able to get the front part of my role cage bolted in, install the bikini top, and make some repairs to the internals of the driver's side door.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

White bikini top, fairly uncommon, nice complement to your trucks paint scheme, I like it.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Agreed, that top looks great.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys-- as long as it "stays" white! Not to toot my own horn, but I am very happy so far how things have turned out. Keith aka Plumbdoctor did a great job with the paint and I am sure that after the summer and he does some touch ups and buffs it out, its gonna look even better. Now I just need to get motivated to re-wire the dang thing so I can get a stereo in there.

I know I have said it before, but thanks to both of you guys, Justin and Kirk for your help through the winter. I wouldn't have come close to the progress without your help and direction in particular.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks awesome

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OJ gets a Beenie... Looks good, now get the harness and we'll put it in over here when "we" flip the turd back over

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yep, only down time is watching the paint dry

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A few snapshots from Orenthal's first trail ride.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a happy dog, nice!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How is the liner in the engine bay holding up? I've always wondered how it does with heat.. I've wanted to do it with mine.. since mine has no motor no trans now is the time to spray it.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great looking Bronco!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was going through a bunch of boxes of junk during my move this last week and found some gems! This was my first Bronco-- my parents bought it for me my Senior year of HS back in 1996-97. I had it through my Freshman year of college and then sold it because I couldn't get it to pass emmissions and wanted something a little more commuter friendly. Man I wish I would have had the foresight to hang on to it though! It was also a 1969. Had I think a 3" suspension lift, 302, 3 spd on the floor. Loved that thing! It even made an appearance in my Senior Year Class video. Final shot was us driving into the sunset on the old Daniels Park Road ( I went to HR high school when HR was still a little country)-- and we threw our graduation caps in the air with the top off.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks really clean! Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Started working on the dash. Bought the dash overlay from JBG and cut out most of the middle section. I then cut out the old glove box and am welding that piece in over 5 inches so that it won't hit the roll cage. I plan to move the gauge cluster to the other side of the steering column. Keeping the heater controls in the same place.

ImageImage

Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had a friend who shortened his dash on either side by a couple of inches, allowing the roll cage to fit much tighter to the windshield and giving better ingress and egress. If I re-do my dash, this will be part of the project.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Took the dash to get a couple holes water jetted. Decided to get the vintage tachometer from WH and mount it in the dash. So the speedo and tach holes will be cut by this weekend.

Also started my heater rebuild. I had gotten a new blower and squirrel cage for Christmas and it's a lot bigger. Had to cut a larger hole. Also grinded out all of the rust and am slapping some new paint on the heater parts. I did purchase a new seal kit so I am hoping this thing will be a serious upgrade when all said in done.

I haven't done any research... YET... But is there an upgrade to the actual heating unit or do I replace that stock?

ImageImageImage

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The heater core is a stock replacement. Good call on the tach, I've been eyeballing one of those. they're sweet.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can vouch for the heater upgrade. It is a huge improvement. New "low speed fan" = old "high speed fan". New "high speed fan"= actual defrosted windows and actual heat you can feel.

I did mine in the truck (not recommended) when I turned it on, 40 years of accumulated dirt blew out my defrost ducts.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
I've spent the last couple of nights working on my speaker compartments. I'm going to be running 2 pairs of 6x9 JBL marine speakers in the rear. I plan to bridge them with a 4 channel Kenwood low profile amp that will also fit behind the rear panel on the passenger side.

I'm also running the 6.5 JBL marine speakers in the front kick panels flush so I won't lose any foot space or have to relocate my emergency brake. I will also run these off the Kenwood amp. I'm using a steam table pan to enclose on the backside so they are protected from water and any dirt or rocks when wheeling. You can see in the picture that I'm gonna have to cut a corner of the fresh air intake, but I will just tie it into the steam pan and use some silicon or seam sealer to enclose it.

It was a lot of cutting and sanding to get everything to fit snug. I had to make some spacers for the 6x9's so they will fit with the depth. I plan to shoot everything with raptor liner so I don't think you will even notice. It'll be nice because I won't lose any interior space as the panels will fit flush. It was kind of a PITA but I'm happy with how it's turning out and am excited to have a stereo system that will be all weather and still hopefully sound good.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks really good! Curious to see how it turns out. I'd be tempted to use some bondo or something to blend those spacers in and make them look really nice.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am jealous as that should sound really nice! Someday I'd like to upgrade my system. Marine grade is a good way to go. If tower speakers for boats weren't so bulky I'd be tempted to run them. But then I think to myself it's just a rock crawler...

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just received email that my gauge has been restored and is en route back to CO.

Before:
Gauge Before.jpg

After:
Restored Gauge.jpg

Will be here just in time for the rewire this weekend!

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's so awesome! Someday I hope to do the same!

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2k more miles and mine will be headed off for the same treatment.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next