[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
Ha I forgot again about my zf vs small block and wasn't thinking

Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, things got a little worse today. The stainless braided line that comes out of the bottom of my master cylinder is a really tight fit against my wheel well. I am certain that all of the taking out the master cylinder to bench bleed has done the damage, but I now have a leak where the solid metal piece hits the braided part.

My question now is whether I remove the transmission to get to the slave so that I can install and use a stock line with the quick connect, or if I cut the stainless braided line and try to fix it? I believe these fittings from Summit will work (http://m.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640281/). I'm not very familiar with plumbing of braided lines, how would these attach to the braided line? Also- would this be possible while the other end is still attached to the slave?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
So I am fairly confident that that the above mentioned link to those fittings work for the master cylinder. I'm not 100% positive the hose from my BC line is for use with -3 AN fittings but I will assume it is?

Will this fitting connect the hose to the MC quick connect? http://m.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fbm1110

This would solve my wheel well and line fitment issue. This would also save me massive amounts of time and frustration to just repair the line.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Most rebuildable hose fittings are designed to be used with a specific type of hose, and often a particular brand and model number of hose. I can't speak to whether that Aeroquip fitting would work if you cut the end of the hose, but I wouldn't try it without knowing exactly what kind of hose you're dealing with. I'd start by calling BC to ask.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://www.technafitstore.com/category-s/1850.htm

Might try these guys two. But I'll second what Justin says. I buy hydraulic fittings from emrich & hill locally but they sell aero quip which will only work with aeroquip. There is also the Parker store which obviously sells Parker and whistler bearing has a hose section also. Whistler can make DOT brake lines on the spot while you wait.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Took a trip down to On Track this morning. I had cut the end of the hose with the clamped MC fitting off and brought it with me. I gave them the Russel fitting part number that is on the Summit website and they were able to get it on a truck delivered to them tomorrow morning (no extra shipping charges and they are only going to charge me for 1 and not the pair). The hose that BC uses is -4 hose and the new Russel fitting is -3 AN. So what we decided on was a -4 AN hose to female fitting. Then a reducer from a -4 to -3 that will allow the Russel quick release fitting to work.

I am really hoping this does the trick and I don't have too difficult a time getting everything to fit. I also talked with Jason at BC and he told me that the only thing they do to bleed their hydraulic clutches is fill the MC and pump the clutch like 100 times. It eventually pushes the air out to the top and will eventually pressurize the system. Had not seen that recommendation before but I may give it a try.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I had to cut a piece out of the corner of the wheel well to accommodate the new longer connection to the master cylinder. After many cuss words and trying to bleed the system, it is finally working.

I have no real explanation but I could not get the "new-new" MC to work. I finally resorted to the "old-new" MC because I knew that it at least had pressure at one time. As soon as I closed the system, everything was pressurized. My only explanation to that MC now working is I must have had the leak in the previous fitting the whole time and it got bigger the more I messed with it.

Screw hydraulic clutches. I hate them!! Now to finish up the little things and start the mad dash to Moab.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Unexpected eventful day in the garage. I was finishing up all the final touches for Moab- should've been easy enough. Put oil in the D44, installed the quick air chick on my ARB compressor for my tire pump up kit, cleaned up all the dash wiring and reinstalled the fresh air box. Sweet, I'm done after like 2.5 hours in the garage and even had time to start getting all my tools and extra parts together for the trip. Pulled the Bronco out of the garage to clean up the garage. When I pulled it in, I decided to cycle the ARB's one more time and that is when the crap hit the fan!

I all of a sudden had a leak in the rear ARB. I could hear it leaking out of the driver side axle tube. Called TOOLMAN because I know he had a "similar" issue. Turned out it was the exact same issue. I feel fortunate that he already figured it out and it would take me a fraction of the time to fix it. But, I still had to tear down the entire rear axle to make a minor fix to the retaining tab.

Back in business and hoping that was my only issue. I was hoping to have more time and miles under my belt before leaving for Moab but this seams to be my usual predicament the last 3 years for this trip.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's a more memorable trip if you throw it together at the last minute and go out untested.

Btw, I'm going to Moab on thursday.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Installed a new PS cooler. Fits perfectly in front of the radiator and should get a lot better fresh airflow than the previous setup.

Sun May 22, 2016 1:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun May 22, 2016 2:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 22, 2016 2:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bronco Safari this year was kind to me. I won the raffle for this new Bestop Supertop and just got around to installing it. I was very nervous about it fitting in my garage since it is pretty tall at the center of the top. I had to make some adjustments to the garage door and opener to get it to fit but it just barely does fit. It'll be nice to have a full top when going up to the mountains and hitting those unexpected rain storms.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:14 am

Nice score

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2x

Excellent freebie!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can't beat that with a stick

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good Eck!

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love this thread. Very nice all around.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just practicing my engine removal skills again today. Big thanks to Phyler for helping this morning. Image

Next, my plan is to install the GT40 heads, roller cam and roller cam conversion parts, as well as OEM cam synchronizer.

Couple questions off the bat, my oil filter is completely stuck. I've knocked on it with a dead blow but at this point, I'm up for suggestions on how to get it off as it's just mangled.

Secondly, I thought I was getting a major oil leak either from the rear main or the back seal from the oil pan, but after further inspection, it appears it's most likely coming from the hole at the rear of the lower intake. The grommet is not a very tight fit- any suggestions on this? Image

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just jab a screwdriver through the oil filter and turn it. Messy but effective. Happy to help with the engine removal.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drive a pri-bar thru it and spin that? Could be risky if the metal jacket tears off instead.

Who changed the oil last?? poke

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All those PCV grommets fit loose. You could slip a big o-ring around it to make it fit tight.

And hammer a damn screwdriver into the oil filter.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GT40 heads and roller conversion well underway!

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GT40 baby !

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very Nice..

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well after 2.5 days of work, Phil and I fired it off. It sounds great and I think we were able to find the root of why I was having so many issues with the cam synchronizer gear (will post up about that later). Engine sounds great but can't speak to the drivability yet cuz this is where the frustration starts.

We spent close to 5 hours trying to bleed the stupid hydraulic clutch (I replaced the line on it while I had the engine out). Still won't bleed and I tried every trick in the book to get it to build pressure. Best we got it was about 2/3rd slave cylinder engaged. We ran out of brake fluid, propane heat, flashlight battery, and ultimately patience. I officially hate the damn hydraulic clutch!!

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next