[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
Nice!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!

It will be much easier to plumb that master cylinder with that out of the way! LOL.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You know, while you're in there.... Bronco creep at its finest!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Trying to figure out the installation of this BCB flexible hydraulic line in my slave cylinder. Here is what I'm working with. Anybody have any suggestions/ideas/thoughts? I tried just pressing it in, and it wasn't moving at all.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 69 Dudes-- Just the beginning
Are the line and the slave part of the same kit? The collar goes on the line, with the O ring towards the slave, then it is a press in deal.

Edit: Right off the end of that line doesn't look like the correct size from your picture.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This video has some good pointers

http://youtu.be/RVjEMoroZQM

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in the same boat it looks like. I just pulled my store bought slave cylinder out of the box & my BCB hose and they don't look compatible. WTF.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just looked at every slave cylinder Rock Auto offers for a 94 F250 5.8l, and they all have the same fittings as our slave cylinders. I don't see how the BCB hose would fit. Unless BCB is using a slave cylinder from a different application. I'd as what the application is, and buy it elsewhere.

Their hose for aftermarket master cylinder, has a different slave cylinder end on it.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I think I solved our problem Chad. The quick connect fitting has a roll pin holding it in. I tapped that out and found that it has the same internal fitting. Replaced it with the hose, reinstalled roll pin and fits like a glove. The only downside is that you don't have access to the hose unless you drop the tranny - but there isn't anything you can do about that if using the braided hose.

Also- the other option BCB sells is for an aftermarket master cylinder with AN fittings - not aftermarket slave assembly.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great, glad you figured that out. Thanks.

I saw the other hose had a threaded end for an aftermarket M/C, I just thought the other end looked different too.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Progress was made today! Was able to get the ZF5 and Dana 20 installed. Had a few fitment issues with the JB Fab twin stick brackets. If I kept the D20 clocked in the stock position, it looks like it probably would have worked but I tucked it up a little bit and it changed the angles of the brackets. I had to do a little grinding and notching to get them to work. Big thanks to BroncoRaider for lending me some muscle-- I think I found a few chunks of headflesh on various underparts of my Bronco. Thanks for your help Tim!
firstinstall.JPG
A good look at my customer Harbor Freight crossmember! Design and fab of the cross member is next on my to do list.

The other thing with the twin stick shifters is that one sticks way into my gas pedal leg and the other gets caught on the tunnel cover. It appears that there will be some bending required. Anyone done this and have any tips/tricks/ or pictures?
firstinstall2.JPG

Lastly-- might be a dumb question, but what is the other line on the slave assembly for? I can't seem to find that anywhere... (the top line in the picture that doesn't have the braided hose attached to it).

slaveassemblyinstall.JPG

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The top line is the bleeder to bleed the air out once it's all plumbed and installed. Just like replacing a brake caliper.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can put a hose on the end to direct the fluid but it has a nipple on it just like a brake caliper. Usually I'll open that up and let the system gravity bleed for a while then I'll get help from someone by having them press the clutch pedal and hold it down while I open the bleeder. Literally just like replacing a brake caliper only with the clutch instead. Look up youtube videos if you want to make it easier than my explanation.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To bend the sticks you can use a propane torch to heat it up. When it starts to discolor/glow slowly bend it. I put it in a vice with some tags to keep it from getting chewed up. Go slow. And just enough heat to bed. There's some YouTube video out there about it.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Might also want to pick Zoso's brain to see how he bent his twin sticks?

Posted in his Page 2....ZOSO's toys...

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bent my twin sticks to clear my np435 shifter. Just heated till red with an oxy-acetylene torch, then bent to the desired angle. We can use mine if you want.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bleeding the ZF slave seems a bit harder than most others. I've had trouble as well as several others I have spoken to. I ended up having to bleed it manually with a crow-bar thru the access panel! This was after many attempts with someone depressing the clutch using the pedal. So put that in the back of your mind.

Before you pull your twin sticks, you might want to draw out some sort of pattern you think would work (cardboard or something). That will give you a template to follow.

Quench the rod with water after each bend as it stays hot a long time!

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:39 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Twin sticks are bent and installed:

The ZF shifter in the picture is in neutral. The dash prevents it from going into 1,3,5th gear. Will need to fab a bracket to move it over and back a little.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post #22 on this page has a pretty easy looking bracket. I'm hoping I can get away with something like it.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... 977&page=2

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bends look good Eck!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You could always notch your dash

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I'd like to try to straighten out my ZF shifter! Jealous of you guys with straight ones!! I like that idea of a small piece of plate! If you had to, you could even make the holes on a slight angle so lean the shifter out a little more.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I chose to ignore Chris's helpful suggestion of notching my dash. crazy

I did fab and install the bracket. I also shimmed the top bolt quite a bit to move the angle of the shifter out away from my leg. I think it is in a perfect spot now and clears both the dash as well as the twin sticks.

This is in 2nd gear:
image2.JPG

This is in 1st gear:
image3.JPG

The bracket:
image4.JPG

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The bracket with the many shims:
image5.JPG

And the master cylinder installed with the braided line:
image6.JPG

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next