[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Black Smoke Donkey
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Black Smoke Donkey 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Black Smoke Donkey
I'm running the factory steel rear tank, 11+ gal. The aux tank is aftermarket, also 11+ gal.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finished the back soft doors, just in time for our 2 day soaking, no more tarp!

When it stops raining I'll take some pics of how I bridged the gap between front doors and how the frames fit together. I still need to source some handles, do a bit of trim work and patch the holes left by the old kayline handles.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That'll make a huge difference!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
****** WARNING ******

What I'm about to post is borderline ridiculous, almost too much and if you are drinking your coffee or milk you'll want put it down as I won't be responsible for it shooting out your nose.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
I'm not sure if I've gone too far or not far enough in my quest to make BSD more tractor like, but this will certainly help. It's from a Ford F700 and to say it's big is being nice, if I tilt the wheel up and slouch in my seat I can look between it and the hood just fine. The spinner is from a John Deere tractor, and it makes it real nice to back up a trailer or maneuver quickly off road. I have to say that I've never seen so much of my dash clearly before! I've got two days under my belt driving it with this setup and I'm not sure if I'm man enough to keep it. Time will tell.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Come'on now. Stop holding out!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Probably thinking about stuffing that rattletrap engine into TFB and going electric and changing the name to lightning bug donkey

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

with custom fit solar panels on that big 'ol roof. It'll be the Prius-like Donkey.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Okay, updated the post above.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Okay. That's pretty ri-donk-ulous. I was thinking 67-72 F series wheel would be a good fit. A little bit larger than the Bronco wheel but not steering the Titanic large like you have now.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I find it funny you are still running the auto column stuff (with a '66 turn signal lever) in a manual truck.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would have to see it in person to be certain but from the pics I think it looks perfectly natural in there

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i think it needs another spinner on the other side..

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work! I like it! You might want to look into the legality of the spinners for on-road vehicles. They are handy as heck and would come in very handy in many situations, but I have heard once upon a time that they were illegal. Sorry, I tell you that know, but I was really only joking when I suggested it.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well then, we need a vendor to make some cool bronco ones!

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Started in on the back doors for BSD, sectioning 11.5" from the front half of the doors so I can keep the door latch mechanism unmodified as it's more important to me, I'll solve the window mech once they are sized right. Based on my cuts and plans to reuse most of the window frame I'll be able to use a stock piece of side glass, that makes life easier.

Are there any recommendations out there for the best way to pop the skin from the front half of the doors while leaving it attached to the rear of the door besides the basics, drill out the spot welds then use an air chisel to open up the seam?

Pics of the cuts (leaving a 1/4" wiggle room) and my redneck whiteboard.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not exactly sure it work for your needs, but when we pull a skin off, we use a grinder to grind through the fold of the seam. Grind until you have just cut through the "fold" of the skin (sounds painful). You'll then have 3 layers- the outer skin, the door frame, and the remaining skin on the inside of the door. If that makes sense. We usually use a 90* diegrinder with a 3" roloc grinding pad, but its possible with an electric 4-1/2" grinder. Then use a chisel to separate the skin from the frame, if it doesn't come loose.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the advice, I've got a die grinder so I'll just need to pick up some wheels for it. I'll create a new fold for the forward edge and I guess I'll just butt weld or maybe spot weld the lower edge when I move the piece back. I'm not looking forward to creating the hinge cutouts in the skin, I'll do my best to make it look decent.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've never done a Bronco door skin. If the skin is not glued to the frame, you might not have to cut the skin. You might be able to coax the frame out of the skin. I'd try to leave the bottom fold if possible.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll try to leave it, looks like two'ish spot welds, maybe folding the lip back by hand is possible.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Black Smoke Donkey
Passenger side back door is coming along nicely, should have the driver's side mounted by this evening. I'll run them with the soft door windows until I get back from hunting.

Big thanks go out to Chad for the disassembly directions.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Indeed!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that looks great! Interested to see what you do with the internals.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drivers side is in, I built a simple internal brace to hold the soft uppers in place. I'm calling it done for now, out of time.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's been a long time coming, but I have four doors that function as normal. They open & close using hinges, latch with functioning internal and external handles (not 550 cord) and will soon be sealed with real weather stripping.

Now I will finally close up the door jam seam between the doors and finish the internal bracing.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next