[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Peter's 25 year project!
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Peter's 25 year project! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Peter's 25 year project!
I am starting my post as suggested by Jesus-man. It is going to be a thread to make anyone who is struggling or has struggled to keep their Bronco dream alive feel better about hanging in there! I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out photobucket starting from when it was new in 1967 when it was purchased by my Dad instead of a CJ5 because the three of us little kids could fit better in the back seat! It survived three teenage boys, my oldest brother bashed a snow drift and set it on its side, the next brother left the interstate at 60mph while fast asleep, arriving home with clumps of grass in the grill, and I did things that I'd never do again! It was yard and garage bound from 1987 to 2012 and finally is back on the road. I am a little sad I didn't get done before my Dad pased away in 2008, but know he is smiling at it from upstairs. Great to be part of this group and look forward to meeting you all.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Peter's 25 year project!
Wow...Look forward to seeing the pics!

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking forward to seeing more, very cool that you all have kept it in the family. Shoot me a PM if you want a tutorial on how to post pics. You don't need to go through photobucket on this site if you don't want to.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got one to post! This is how it looks now...got the color to match the Canondale Mountain Bike tangerine orange!

Last edited by Peter Werlin on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dig that orange on your Bronco. It's cool that your dad bought it new. It's one thing to buy a classic vehicle it's much cooler to have been smart enough to buy it before it became a classic!

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you click on the IMG link on the right side of the photo bucket page with your pic in it, then paste it into the body of your post

like this:

Your pic will appear when you hit submit below.

BTW - I really like that color too!!!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the orange! Need some more pics. . .

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice, can't wait to see the other shots.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What's that two wheeled thing without a motor?

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know! Saw some kids on one once...looked like work!

Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome

That looks really nice from the one photo

Looking forward to seeing more, or better yet, in person at a club event

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

First Bronco trip, July 1967.

Last edited by Peter Werlin on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hockey Dad, I just can't figure out this damn posting thing. Making me crazy!!!
When I click to copy as you say in the IMG thing, then paste, it comes out like above. Once today it even copied a link right to the whole photobucket account I set up. I must be missing something. I want it to look like the one you dropped in! Peter

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This may be the first picture of our Bronco in July of 1967!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A picture of the Bronco after I got it as a 15 year old. This is after the flares and new tires.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have to say it is really neat to see pictures of your bronco back when it was brand spanking new. Amazing!

Last edited by Geologist on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's cool. And a bonus, Rancho with a horse trailer.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is another picture from that first Bronco trip. I'm looking out the side window. We strapped all three kids in the bench seat with the two seatbelts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here was the picnic part, early tailgating in the Colorado Rockies. Note the paper temporary plate in the rear window!
Next I will post a couple from when I had it fairly nice in high school and then start with the neglect pictures interspersed with the restored picture of the same part. Hope people like seeing these!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We love BRONCO history! Thanks for sharing.

PB can be a little challenge, but the beauty is that it allows you to share pictures on any forum, and if you create folders, you can send people links to specific folders. I have mine organized in many folders. Bronco folder has several sub-folders. For trip pictures, I use the date+desc to organize them. For instance if I went on a trip last weekend it'd be "13-09-21 Camping" This puts your most recent trip at the bottom of the list. If you did the standard MM-DD-YY, you'd have all your sept. trips together and you'd have to sort out which year. A little tougher to find quickly.

Anyway, keep posting!

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the vintage pics, keep 'em coming.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2. Those are great! They look like something Ford would use in an ad for a modern Bronco.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is a great picture of the 1967's grill work when brand new. Note the clear lenses and the black grill letters. That's why I went with the black on the repaint. Peter

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

great pics.. love looking at photos fresh from the factory!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Peter, Glad you finally showed up here. Great pictures. How come no FFL plates? Take care JP

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]