[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Newb from CO springs
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Newb from CO springs 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Newb from CO springs
Hello,

New here but not to Broncos. Bought my bronco when I was a junior in High School back in late 06 and am currently finishing up the frame off on my 67 sport. Quick rundown

When I got it:
Rolled 3 times, rust everywhere, mostly stock except for ARB locker in the front and tube bumpers (protofab rear, and a WH brush breaker in the front).

Then the replacement parts flowed in and I did my frame off
Mods: Superlift full 3.5" suspension lift, sandblast and powdercoat by Taint Paint in CO Springs

Body went back on the frame after the motor was built and it got painted base clear Screaming Yellow w/ perarl mixed by Sean at 8th street Napa in Colorado Springs
Engine bored .40 over, hot cam, Jet Hot coated Heddman elite headers, Professional Products High rise aluminum intake manifold, rebuilt and polished Holley 67cfm T/A, 94 cobra serp w/ Wazee/March pulleys, Billet HEI dizzy, Rock crawler steering box blah blah blah
Home made LED tails
Marshall Gauges (cold start on a low batt charge) on the beginnings of my custom dash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLVFkKtfZUE
Vid of its first run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnH4kOymmYs
Thanks... sorry for the monster post

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Newb from CO springs
Wow! That is a lot of adds to take in on your frame-off resto. Looks like new fuel fillers, custom dash gauges, awesome shocks, LED Tails, clean engine compartment, nice motor, 1966 parking lights, and amazing paint! Loved the videos and cannot wait to see it up close. Dang nice Bronco - happy you found the club - a warm welcome.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, now I'm sorry for telling you about the site. laughing2 Man that thing looks awesome!

What do you think total time has been so far?

Who made that seat cover? Do you know if they have it in the Crye multi-cam? I've always hated ACU pattern. No offense.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last edited by Bitch'nBronco on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If they'll fit over the Corbeaus I'm buying, that would make a great platform for my pistol while driving. I wonder, would 210 rounds of 5.56mm hanging off the back be a bit much? laughing2

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

^ laughing2 awesome, I have a buddy at school that I recently found out has been rollin around phoenix in his 07 mustang gt vert w/ a Sig 556 in the trunk w/ 10 loaded mags... smokin (awesome smileys on this forum, already love it here). I think the covers might fit, they're pretty adjustable/universal. Mine are mounted on 98 mustang seats and they're pretty big seats. Wonder how much it'd cost to get multicam covers made

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just finished looking at the site and it doesn't look as though there are many applications, aside from Jeeps. I know they'd probably fit, but if I'm going to drop that kind of coin, I want to be certain. So, I'll be placing an order for a few yards of Cordura some time very soon and get to work on making my own. Yes. I can sew. Came very much in handy back in the day before they started making 2,000,000 different types of cool guy kit.

The Terrible One

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thats awesome, nice work

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very good looking and super clean.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice work! I love the powdercoated frame.

Lets see....you were in Jr. High School in 2006, so that puts you around 17 or 18 years old now? What do you do for a living? Apparently, I'm in the wrong business.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What did that powdercoat job cost you? I stopped by Taint Paint today, sheer luck I was driving by and saw it. Guy quoted me 250 for the frame, 65 for the 9", and 75 for the Dana 44.

Shoot me your number so we can get together and I can pick up those parts. Also, if you need me to deliver anything to the breakfast on the 15th, let me know. I know you might be out of town by then.

The Terrible One

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome Job....

That is one nice looking rig!

Welcome and can't wait to meet you!

I'm starting to think you guys need to start a "Bronco Cult" in Springs and Monument area. Of course with honorary members!

Matt

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a M&G a cupla years ago, but havent had a meeting since then. Prolly time for another one!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very clean Bronco!
You did a great job, made it almost a full size model. I think the yellow was a great color choice.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Bitchin' - I just saw your build thread on CB.com and all I can say is WOW!

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=102682

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow is right! What a great build...

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

GERAT LOOKING EB! I love the gun metal and black combo for the under carrige!

Cool LED tails. I used trailer lights, which ones did you use? They look diferent, in a clear case or something??

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They're Harbor Freight LED trailer lights. They were only $20 for the pair when I bought them. Just took them out of their cases and made my own brackets to make them fit in the stock location http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive ... 94137.html

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Build update: Been a busy couple of months. I commissioned into the Army in May and have since then been moving around the country. I first went to Fort Knox for some temporary duty and just moved to Fort Sill to go to the Field Artillery officer basic course. With the new paycheck I've been trowing parts at the Bronco, and its about 98% done. My parents moved to Phoenix (where I went to school) and brought the Bronco with them. Its going to the muffler shop this weekend to get the exhaust put on and should be DDable within the next couple of weeks. My dads going to drive it for a while to work any bugs out of the system and then I'm going to fly out and make the road trip to Fort Sill, OK in it. Heres some transit pics and its new temporary home. Thanks again for all the compliments, I'll post more updates as I get my stuff done

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

98% done? That's the closest to 100 that I've ever seen a bronco...

Great ride! Wish you were still here, we had a great breakfast meeting last Sat.!

Stay safe and thanks for your service!

J.D.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks, I'll be back up there eventually. Would love to go on a trail run when I get back possibly in the Spring. My uncles got 2 broncos up in Longmont and we need to go wheeling. Thanks for the kind words

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm

I would like to see your bronco brother. I am military as well in living in the USAF Academy base. I am getting ready to do the exact same thing you did. I am looking for a 1976 Bronco and taking it apart and doing full restore with brand new engine most likely the 351 or 408 Stroker.

Very nice Bronco!
Respectfully,
-Dave

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]