[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Zenzone's 1976
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Zenzone's 1976 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Zenzone's 1976
Hello my name is Zen AKA Zenzone and I live in Arvada. I finally decided I should introduce myself. I am 23 years old and I have had my 1976 bronco since I was 12. My dad and I bought it as a project we could build up together and four wheel while exploring the mountains in Colorado. We have built almost every part on my truck in our garage. When it came to the body work we hired a local guy to do the body repairs and paint it. Unfortunately that was the wrong decision because the guy turned out to be horrible at his job, (Note to self, don’t hire 50’s Cruising to work on your rig). So we got our money back and my Dad and I fixed the body on our own as we should have done in the first place. I just recently finished the last body repair, I removed the rust in the rear quarters and welded them shut for a nice smooth look. I just need to paint them to match the rest of the truck.

My bronco has a 5 inch lift, 33 inch ProComp Xterrain tires, 4 barrel truck avenger 470 carb, bullet proof steering linkage, on board air, old sidewinder winch, Corbeau baja RS vinyl seats with four point harness and custom home made front and rear bumpers. Its nothing to extreme, but it is a work in progress as all broncos seem to be. I try to get out and wheel it as often as possible but it competes with the other love in my life that also takes all my time, golf. I am a professional golfer on the mini tours so I spend most of the year on the road playing in golf tournaments. I’m excited to meet some fellow bronco guys in the following year.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Zenzone's 1976
I can't tell you how lucky you are to have had such a great project to work on with your Dad. I'd always wanted to wrench with my dad on my various projects when I was growing up, but things never lined up.

I think we're up to three father-son Broncos now?

Loving the Hickey Sidewinder too. I just might have to see if I can swap the Ramsey 9000 I have in the garage for one of those. icon biggin

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice bronco. What did you think of the think of the bullet proof steering? was it hard to install? has it held up to some abuse?

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hello akaFrankCastle, I feel lucky to have my Dad who can and will work on the truck with me. He was a diesel mechanic for Caterpillar Heavy Equipment, so he had all the knowledge and tools to do about anything we needed to. Maybe someday we will build a rock crawler together.
The Hickey Sidewinder is nice, strong, reliable and well hidden under the truck. Its not fast but I don't pull myself through the trail so I don't care.

Hey 71 bass boat, I like the bullet proof steering. I believe I have the trail proof strength setup and I believe there was a version that is one step bigger as well (Rock Proof), but the trail proof is pretty beefy. Its not to hard to install. You just have to drill out the knuckles to eliminate the tapper from stock. When you order they will ask you for the measurements in your tie rod and the drag link and then build it to your specs. If I was to do it again I would do the over knuckle setup for extra clearance. I also did a rebuild on the power steering gear box and converted to the saginaw power steering pump. I put a cooler in system that I mounted in front of the radiator. Making all these changes was a world of difference in the driving, it is very tight now and drives great. My system is holding up great and I would do it again.

Thanks for the responses.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice Bronco! My dad got me started in Bronco-ing back in the late 80s and I've never looked back:) Welcome to the club and hope to meet you and one of our meetings.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You have done a lot of great upgrades. Really like the Bumpers - WOW! Looking at the photoes, it looks like you definitely have a trail rig but then it almost looks like a show truck paint job - NICE! Keep the pictures coming!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Entourage, I do like the paint job. Its not perfect but its good enough for a trail truck. I do need to see if I can find the time this summer to paint the rear fenders blue again. I cant wait to go on a group trail trip this summer.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great looking Bronco there. Same color I'm planning on

My Personal Website -

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Found some old pictures, so I scanned them in. Man I was little then, oh the memories. Enjoy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great looking Rims and Tires - you have very good taste! I have had 5 ProComp X-Terrains for months and cannot wait to finally mount them this Spring.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice bronco, I like the on board air

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Entourage, great minds think alike, that tire and wheel combo looks good together. I think you will be happy with them when you have them put on. A good place to store them is your room, they put off a good fragrance. lol I know.

Bitch'nBronco, thanks. I do like the on board air set up. I fit it under the hood in stock form with no body lift, it took a little fab work but we did it. I also have a 4 or 5 gallon tank under the truck that holds extra air. If anyone is interested I know where you can find york's that are 10 stroke, aluminum air tanks and brass airline quick connector dirt cheap.

airbur sorry I missed your post. Thanks. Yep, I blame my dad for getting me addicted to these trucks as well. It's ok I will forgive him.

dsmith01, It is a good color on these old trucks. I'm a sucker for darker blue broncos. Look forward to seeing your truck when its done.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zenzone,

BQ here at the Arb! Nice looking truck you have. As it turns out I have one myself. My truck is not quite as nice as yours yet, but its a work in progress...Bring it by sometime I would like to get a closer look. I assume you have more plans with it?

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have had mine since February...I have wanted one for along time. My truck is under major construction right now but here is a glimpse.

As you can see I have a lot of work to do before mine is road or trail ready.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bobby, looks like a good truck to start with. I don't see much rust or damage. I like it, what direction are you going with it? Is it going to be a trail truck or a nice restoration?

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A little of both...I don't want it to be too extreme because I don't know how much it will get used off the highway but, I do want it to look like it can handle the trails if you know what I mean. I am finding out you have to real ly look hard for deals in order to find a clean rust free truck. Because I am doing the work I can afford to buy a cheaper project vehicle!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Bobby, yep I understand your goal. thats kinda like my truck. It is hard to find rust free trucks, like you said if you have the skills to fix it then not a bad place to start. At least you know there is no rust hidden by previous owners. When we started my truck we wanted a truck that was bone stock that way we didnt have to worry about other people's bad work. You should start a build thread if you havent yet. I would like to follow your work.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zen....very nice in all of the aspects, rig, Dad, youth... I am very glad to see all of this. My 19 year old wants to have a Bronco in the worst way but too many irons in the fire right now for him. Like you and your dad we had a few projects together just not a Bronco yet. Keep up the good work and stay the course. If you ever need anything or if i can help you let me know.

Dave

Canon City, Co

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dave, thanks. It really is fun to do father son projects, hopefully you and your son are able to do one together soon. I really like your bronco hope to see it in person soon and share ideas.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You got yourself a very sharp looking bronco, love all the add ons. Its great you have held on to it for all these years.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Nice lookin bronco. I like the color combo of the dark blue and black.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys for all the nice comments, I appreciate it.

coberlyshane- Thanks, its like a part of my family. I cant see myself ever getting rid of it.

ZOSO- Thanks, I think the dark blue and the black do look good together, I have tried to keep the same theme with a some sky blue accents on unusual parts.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Im kinda partial to the colors also.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ZOSO That is a great looking truck. Once I get the back of my truck painted blue again, our trucks could almost be twins. same wheels and tire size and color. You just have a couple more mods than I do. I'm thinking ARB lockers when I get the money and hook them into my on board air setup. Thanks for the picture.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]