[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - The Terrible One, 1972 Sport LUBR project
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Terrible One, 1972 Sport LUBR project 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post The Terrible One, 1972 Sport LUBR project
HI. My name is Zack and I'm addicted to Broncos...

I'll let the pictures tell the story. Plans are for some body panel repair/realignment to occur, C4, power disc brakes, hard top, doors, carpet. A mild suspension lift and some pizza cutter tires to top it off.

Basically a comfortable uncut cruiser. With any luck the wife will take to it and I won't have to field 50 "when are you going to be home" Bronco Breakfast texts.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: The Terrible One, 1972 Sport LUBR project
there comes a time in every man's life when he deserves to have a harmless addiction...............

CONGRATULATIONS !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There are certainly worse addictions! And you're at the right place for therapy...but not if you want to alleviate the addiction.

Either way, I love the build plan. Something I want to do someday. EFI for me for added reliability and economy.

Why "the terrible one"? Seems the sticker on the bumper already lends itself to a name.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

With any luck the wife will take to it and I won't have to field 50 "when are you going to be home" Bronco Breakfast texts

There is another solution to this problem, bring the MiniCastles with you. Then she will want you to stay till the last bronco leaves - just for t he peace and quiet.

I'm not saying this is a better solution, just another one.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jealous much???

Yeeeeeeeeep!!! - I am :)

It's a beaut Clark. It's a beaut.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Nice, I'm jealous too.

I think that is the same one I considered buying a few months ago. I was going to try the forgiveness route than permission with the wife. I decided to pass because I didn't want butcher another un-cut.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up a couple of fenders and some beater doors tonight. icon biggin

Half way to not freezing to death while driving.

The Terrible One

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

One of the things I love about old cars and trucks is the mystery/nostalgia. Especially when you see something that is obviously OEM. Tonight, while tearing some parts off of TO, I found these.

I also found the test fire date stamped on the motor, 5 October 1972. So, this Bronco was truly late off of the assembly line as it was apparently still being assembled after the 1973 model year had begun. Also evidenced by the numerous "D3TE" parts numbers I have come across.

The Terrible One

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's cool! And to think I was excited when my new turn signal from napa had an original looking ford sticker on the harness like that one in the third picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I actually pulled the starter off of this truck and put it on Stroppe'd a few weeks ago when that one went bad. Funny thing is I don't remember there being a reman stamp on that starter.

The Terrible One

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Anyone ever seen an orange bell housing on a Ford before? During a restoration or OEM pictures?

The Terrible One

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Change of plans with Terrible One. My C4 on the shelf is now ear marked for TO and Stroppe'd will remain manual and parked until August. Why the change? I'm being scheduled for shoulder surgery in late May. Kinda going to need something it can drive one handed.

The Terrible One

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool little project! Can't wait to see how it comes together.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post The Terrible One, 1972 Sport LUBR project
The clutch has officially gone out in TO. The clutch in Stroppe'd is not far behind. And so, starting tomorrow, I begin the process of swapping over to a C4 in TO.

My goal is one week. That's because I'll be working in the evenings, after dinner. No day time work. No full days. At least I have the garage though.

The Terrible One

Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Keep the pictures rolling!

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just ordered a Marti report for T.O. Need to confirm/deny a suspicion.

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tease.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They're ALL Stroppes...

until they aren't :(

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I definitely know this one isn't a Stroppe.

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Marti report came back tonight. Nothing special to report.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Terrible One

Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats still pretty cool!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

LS frt & rear is nice, 72 P VIN w/ PS, and a CO truck. All good things.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Been a lonnnnnng time since I've updated this. Not much has happened with the truck since the auto trans went in. Aside from it moving to Missouri. That's about to change. Today, I drove out to my sister's place and did a size up to see exactly what needs to be done before I put the truck on the market. I already have new kick panels and front door posts to weld in. After my inspection I came home and ordered new body mount bushings with hardware, a DS inner fender, and a core support.

I already knew the truck had a low speed fender bender of some sort. The damage to the original fender and grill spoke to that. The core support was simply too far toward the rear for me to confidently do the kick panels and ensure the doors would line up correctly.

I've got about two weeks until I start school again (M-Th 0900-1:30), so that should give me some time to make something happen.

I'm hoping to have it all wrapped up and sold before August.

The Terrible One

Wed May 18, 2016 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like the PO used a '66 for donor sheet metal for the '72. VIN is a Sept build date.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, I got a lot done today but then got kicked in the junk at the end.

All of the old metal is out and I started mocking up the new DS kick and inner fender. That's when I found this.

This is a Wildhorses kick panel. It's advertised as an "OEM style" piece on their website. The only problem; it's not. As you can see in the picture, it is clearly missing the recessed provision for the inner fender to mount to.

I'll be handing these kick panels off to Greg to finish his work on Wilma, and picking up new sheetmetal from Tom's.

The Terrible One

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next