[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Aaah1's 76 refresh
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Aaah1's 76 refresh 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Aaah1's 76 refresh
So it looks like this summer I am going to be stuck in Chicago. Took a internship with United Airlines again in structural engineering. It does work though to get some things done in my Dads 3 car garage instead of my one car garage.

I originally did a frame off restoration in high school about 6 years ago and didn't do anything to fancy at the time just made it a good runner to dd in Texas with weekend mudding.
After having it in colorado for a while I decided that the rancho shocks sucks as with the coils. I am also getting tired of the edelbrock carb.
I have been doing a lot of research on the suspension and been favoring the duff long travel set up with dual shocks. Thinking about though just getting the coils and hoops and getting some Fox 2.0 for it. I can get about 30% of fox stuff so the price is not to bad.

As for the carb I'm thinking it is time for fuel injection. I have been looking at doing the swap and seems like a pain for the 351. I have been looking at some of the throttle body injection by Holley and others. Those seem to be a lot better than when they first came out. Anybody have any experience with these.

That was long. Looking for suggestions and experience . I want it to be good to take off road in the mountains here, and soak up the bumps well, but don't plan on anything crazy with it since it is still to shiny. Some pictures because

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Aaah1's 76 refresh
Those rancho springs were the worst (super stiff) springs ever.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2. I'm betting swapping those out alone will improve your ride quality 100%. Mine will be going off to scrap soon.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll bet that the Rancho Springs and the SuperLift Springs are made by the same factory. I nicknamed my SuperStiff. It's like forklift suspension.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viper just posted up some used springs.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some jerk just posted some more springs and sent you a pm about something else. A set of those springs were on my rig when I bought it, they suck. Don't go dual shocks, they're stiff as well. A good set of singles will work just fine.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Seems like the perfect time to get a set of springs.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Springs are cheap and there are many tried and true ones out there. I also agree that dual shocks is unnecessary. Some quality properly valved singles work just as good. What rear springs do you have? How many leaves?

As to EFI, I'm not familiar enough to answer that one intelligently, but I would think factory style EFI is more efficient than TBI. And it can be done. We have the experts in this club who might be willing to help. Beer & money talk... :-)

There's also propane injection, which is the most simple, but the issue is capacity for propane storage.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Having been with United for 28+ years...... dont do it you fool! (kidding)
I wouldnt look to hard at dual shocks if your wanting to soften up your ride either.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I got some springs from justin, thanks. Looks like I am going with FOX 2.0 possibly reservoirs up front. Depends on how I feel when I order them. Also decided on fuel injection. Going to start scouting for parts once I get time and a good list.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]