[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Shawn "Gregg"- Junk Yard Dog
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shawn "Gregg"- Junk Yard Dog 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Shawn "Gregg"- Junk Yard Dog
I'm definately a Newbie and can't see how I'd ever have ther skills/knowledge most of you already have (in this lifetime). In fact, had I not had the immediate response/support from this club, I wouldn't have gotten a bronco.
So here's the skinny. Went and looked at a glass bronco and saw another one on the property that I really liked. It had a camper (original) on her which I wasn't interested in (or couldn't afford-$$$ and space). Therefore we worked out a deal for just the rig. It doesn't need a lot of work, but Mike (777 mech) has been more than gracious to help me get it safe on the road. It sitting at his house as we knock out some of the "needs" and dream about the "wants". Either way the attached pic is My Bronco. The camper is on as a "loner top". The PO was nice enough to let me keep it on until my soft top replaces it (its in the mail).
So far we have:
Replaced front drive shaft U joints
Valve cover gaskets
Fluids
Needs:
Disc brake kit installation+new hubs
T-case check and possible gasket replacement
Roll Bar
Soft Top
Rear seat with Child seat/kid booster set up

Anyone that has expertise and time, I could really use it (and Mike might like a break).

You all rock.
Shawn "Gregg"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Gregg on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Shawn "Gregg"- The quest is over...I mean "changed"
That looks like a sweet rig. Looks to be in good shape too. Did it have a logo on the door at one time? If so what did it say?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It think it said "Shawn is a Badass now" laughing2 . No it used to say "JunkYard Dog". If I can restore it, I might try. Cool name for a rig.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

He turned down $1000 a couple weeks ago. Not sure what he's asking. Its posted on CB or at least his contact info is.
3 CCB members have inquired to me about it but not sure if people are calling him. If I can get the disc brakes/hubs on by the breakfast, I'll bring her there with the camper.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am relieved that the picture was finally uploaded. I was sure that club members were going to riot - it was getting scary lmao

Looks like a great Rig. Welcome to the club as a Bronco Owner. You are going to love this project. I echo what you said about the guys here as a safety net on getting a Classic Bronco - I felt the same way. I would not have dared to get mine without CB.com and with CCB.com as a resource it is even better smokin

I know your Bronco search sucked but looks like there was a big pay off for all of the disappointments - CONGRATS!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats! Looks like a nice ride! I hear you about being glad for the safety net of CCB. I've had some really great help already (just got my truck at Christmas) and am looking forward to knowing enough to pass on the favor.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow....

That is awesome. I was wondering how the quest was going....

What soft top did you go with?

Only one word...Jealous!!!

Matt

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shawn - nice looking ride man !

I love all the flames and striping..................retro cool.

If it makes sense to you............bring it over to my place on a Saturday and we can tinker with whatever you want to get done on it.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work on the shopping around. I have a rear seat set up that you might like, even the colors are right (blue & black). I made a mounting bracket and have two racing seats mounted to it and four point harnesses, its basicly two child safty seats that we all could ride in and be secure. If I can up load a photo I will upon request.
CONGRATS!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man that thing looks sweet! With the chains and all your set for some CO winter camping! Do all campers say Bronco on them? Or is that pin striping?

...too much fun!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The latest issue of Bronco Driver magazine has a full story on the Bronco camper. IIRC, there were two companies which produced campers for the Bronco. The one seen in this photo was produced by a company here in Colorado, Denver to be specific. The company is no longer in business and the campers are pretty well sought after. May be a lucrative business venture if someone were so inclined and skilled?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JTS - I am way excited to see the double racing seat and harness setup. I am trying to figure out how to put 2 Corbeau SS Seats instead of the Corbeau Rear Bench. Each Corbeau SS is 22" X 2 for 44" and the space is only 40. The seats taper at the bottom and may be able to 'squish' together. Way excited to see what you have done. I should have checked this out at Bronco Hut. See ya at the Breakfast.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dont have them installed, I will get a picture posted. I can put them in for a closer look if you want.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picture would be awesome. I have lots of time before I install seats so no hurry but mind is always racing for new ideas.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The seats are used as video game seats in my basement, here's a pic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree that would be awesome to see! I would much rather do that for anyone riding in the back!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! What kind of seats are those?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

RCI -- They are nice for smaller kids but i hit my head on the cage in my Bronco.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is cool as hell - look great. I agree that 2 buckets would be more comfortable than a bench, unless its me and a couple ladies spit

BTW When is the Guitar Hero party? smokin

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2 questions

1.) What kind of gaming are you doing that needs that set-up

2.) Would you consider selling?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We can play the world tour anytime, I will even fill the keg. BEER-YUMMY-BEER!

I think I would be ok with selling them, my daughter's not real into the four wheeling thing as she is almost a teenager, so I dont really need them anymore. I would entertain any offers. I will need some kind of seat belt in return as well because I still have the stock seat installed, if you wanted the lap belts that match.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Camper gone, soft top on. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

that is incredible how nice that top looks and fits, etc

great find on the EB and the top

can't wait to see it in person

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks darn nice. thumbs up

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

lookin good!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yep, I agree!

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:40 pm
Looks good. Now you can actually use the mirrors.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It looks great, man. The White top looks so cool! You really found a nice Bronco - Congrats on getting it home.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not home yet. Still have the disc swap to do, bolt in roll bar, seats, and some electrical. I hope to bring it to the next breakfast.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next