[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My 76' Work in Progress
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 My 76' Work in Progress 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My 76' Work in Progress
I failed to mention earlier that Landshark was an integral part of the install crew. My humble apologies for my omission.

Here are some pics as promised!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Moab Mike on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More pics................

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I also found I made a grave error with the placement of the drivers side O2 sensor. It sits above the front drive shaft about 3/8" which means it would be taken out on the first bump. The remedy is to pull the header, cut out the O2 bung and patch it then re-drill and re-weld it back in. It appears it will cost me another day I don't have.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mike you are really making great progress.

I got the beer on ice !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Items remaining:

Cold air intake
Install throttle cable
Install kick down cable
Correct the serpentine belt
Wire the fuel pump and sending unit
Wire the OBD II (5 Wires)
Ground the battery and add positive wire to the alternator
Time the Cam Position Sensor
Install the Coil Pack
Install the plug wires
Pull the drivers side header and correct my f**K up
Tighten cross member bolt and transmission shift rod
Install the drive shafts
Add gasoline
Install exhaust
Install the hood

Last edited by Moab Mike on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Why long tube headers instead of shorties?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Add route serp belt correctly.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

use a pipe plug on the exhaust pipe, cut a new hole and don't pull the pipe... thats what they did on my exhaust.. not leaks so I would assume it would be ok?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was going to say the same thing as Landshark - saves time, money, headache, and back on track.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great progress. Glad to see someone else crazy enough to take on a huge undertaking right before Moab!

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good! Especially the dude wearing the V8 hat.

I also looked at the serp set-up and thought something didnt look right compared to mine but since "It's just your truck" I let it go. Here's the common pic I use minus the AC.
http://www.google.com/search?q=v8+explo ... B576%3B432
I'm so happy that this is your truck....and not mine!

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:08 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Looking great! You're making good progress.

Why do ya have to re-wire the OBD2 port? Did you need to cut it or de-pin it it to get it through the firewall?

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I hope to fire it up tonight.

Items remaining:

Install throttle cable
Install kick down cable
Wire the fuel pump and sending unit
Wire the OBD II (5 Wires)
Ground the battery and add positive wire to the alternator
Time the Cam Position Sensor
Install the Coil Pack
Install the plug wires
Add gasoline
Install exhaust
Install the hood

Cold air intake - DONE
Correct the serpentine belt -DONE
Pull the drivers side header and correct my f**K up - DONE (Thanks Landshark)
Tighten cross member bolt and transmission shift rod - DONE
Install the drive shafts - DONE

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

*fingers crossed!*

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fire it up tonight? So we should see you at breakfast tomorrow then. :)

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the new engine fired up tonight. I need to work out some bugs. My JY fuel pump is barely putting out enough pressure to keep it at idle. When it does have enough fuel pressure it sounds great! I have to clean up the wiring and get the exhaust but it is getting there.

A special thanks to both EFI Guy and Viperwolf1 for their tech support!

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats, I know you feel great!

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is awesome !

Moab here we come !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

nice job mike

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice. Looking forward to actually running some trails with you! stirpot

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My Bronco sense was tingling just about that time. But it was just gas. I've got another JY pump if you want to give it a go. I hope it's not a bad filter or the crap I put in the fuel lines.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I heard it from here!! Now I am looking forward to the convoy of Bronco's West Bound and Down!!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

Any updates?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice Job Mike! I like how you mounted your computer too. Thats how I want to mount mine as well.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next