[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New Guy with 76 Bronco
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Guy with 76 Bronco 

Post New Guy with 76 Bronco
Hey Folks. I am new to this forum, and look forward to seeing all the great pics of broncos and reading about the interesting adventures and tips for the bronco. I have spent considerable time working in Colorado and I have loved every minute of it. This work gave me many opportunities to explore the back roads of your magnificent state. I am a geologist, and I have worked over the past 26 years in Durango, Grand Junction, Maybell, Slick Rock, Naturita, Rifle, and Gunnison and thereabouts. I helped clean up the abandoned uranium mills in these towns as well as the groundwater and vicinity sites and soils. So far, I don’t glow in the dark! Maybe it’s all that good beer I consumed while working there.

Before I discuss my Bronco and other rides, I must tell you that my wife, Robin, has been very understanding in allowing me to have and enjoy my toys. Here is a rundown on rides that I currently have in my stable.

My bronco, a 1976 Sport, grew up in Albuquerque. It has 42300 actual miles, and has mostly done camping and hunting trips since birth; otherwise it’s in the garage. It is equipped with a 302 V8, 3 on the tree, power steering and brakes, a 3.5” wild horses suspension, a Tuffy center console and HD stereo, a gun rack, a sidewinder winch and grill guard, a receiver hitch, 33” BFGs, dual exhausts, a custom roof rack made by my old man and myself, an optima battery, and custom made recovery gear and a bike rack made by the old man and yo.

My 1965 Mustang originally belonged to my grandparents in Santa Fe, specifically my grandma. The day after my grandpa died, grandma said come get the Mustang. While at grandma’s house, the car sat for about 20+ years, so it took me awhile to bring this car back to its vibrant life. It has 52,500 original miles with all original parts down to the original brakes. It came with a 289 V8 with an automatic. Everything works and the car looks runs and drives great. This baby is a beautiful piece of American history.

My Superduty is a 1999 F-250 Crew Cab that has seen very little “Superduty”, although I do have a toy hauler that gets used every once in a blue moon. This truck is equipped with an aftermarket upgrade package installed at the dealership, called the Roll-A-Long package, which included a chrome grill, driving lights, custom leather seats and interior, custom lighted running boards and heavy-duty rear bumper, fender flares, pin stripping and taping, overhead console, chrome door sills, plush floor mats, overload springs, and cab lights. In fact, this truck is featured in the original Roll-A-Long brochure for 1999 and newer Superduty trucks. My big baby has only 38000 miles, a 7.3L work horse, sliding rear window, bed liner, tool box, leveling kit, 35” BFGs, 4" turbo back exhaust with chrome 5” tip, cold air intake, trailer brake controller, new shocks, camper top, custom tow hooks, and a security system.

Well, what I can say about the Harley. She’s my pride and joy!! She’s a 2002 Road King with 25000 memorable miles. She’ what Harley calls a Classic Model with a factory-provided custom paint job, essential new skins. She has lots of chrome and eye candy. Rides like a dream, been all over the country including several trips throughout Colorado.

That all folks…keep on wheeling

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New Guy with 76 Bronco
Welcome aboard! Always happy to have some join the group who loves Colorado as much as we do.

Great history on those pieces of classic Ford design. Not too shabby on the Superduty and bike either.

Keep your eyes peeled on the Staging Area for any events that may be happening while you are up here.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey there - Desert Rider,

One heck of a Crib and Whips you got there! Great stories on the Bronco and the Mustang. You keep the miles low on the cars and high on the Harley - nice! I am hoping to explore Colorado and heading south is definitely on the To-Do List. Glad you found the club and thanks for the great intro.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice vehicles, welcome aboard!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SWEET bronco! I'm partial to orange. Though your paint is much better looking than mine.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome!! I love your rigs! It's great to know their history! The bronco and the mustang are both beautiful!

Is that a lasso hanging in the bronco! nice touch!

J.D.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]