[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 'Buddy'
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 'Buddy' 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Introducing 'Buddy'
You can drill the bolt out or they make extractors that you can pick up at the part store in different sizes. Then Chase the threads with a tap

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Introducing 'Buddy'
I had one broken off in each side of the frame, so only 3 bolts per side, maybe since I owned the truck. I might have broken one off myself. It will probably be fine, if you don't want to mess with it.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome, thanks guys.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just did manual to auto conversion...3 on each side as well, Not worried!
At some point I will probably drill and tap.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If it's not broken off down inside a hole then weld a nut on it.

You get a head for a wrench and the heat may help loosen it.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Phil and Jeff were kind enough to donate some time to teach me engine building this weekend. We had two hiccups that you can see in the first two pictures. 1. while cleaning out the threads in the block, 3/4" of the tap broke off. 2. Due to a torque wrench malfunction, we stretched a couple of the main cap bolts and went on a 2.5 hour drive looking for replacements.

All clearances checked out fine on the bottom end. pistons went in without a hitch.

Then we realized that the head dowels, air injection plugs, and rocker nuts did not come back from the machine shop with the rest of the parts. Also realized that the rebuilt torque converter I bought does not have a long enough pilot to engage the crankshaft properly. We weren't able to finish, but we got it far enough along that I can finish it up this week once I get the rest of the missing parts.

HUGE thanks to Phil and Jeff for time and space this weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got the dash put back in place! Thanks for the help Chuck!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 01, 2016 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice Tim. Keep chipping away. How is the engine coming along?

Sun May 01, 2016 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am about to pull my dash, doing a Painless harness install as soon as it arrives. I am not looking forward to getting my dash out! Does the column have to come out for dash removal?

Thank you

Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Eck,
Engine will get finished up this week. Have to find some locking 5/16" rocker nuts. Apparently when every website tells you the 3/8" will fit your 1975 Bronco, they're all wrong...

Brent,
I actually got the dash out without removing the shifter, but I did remove the turn signal arm. It took some tricky maneuvering, I wouldn't recommend that route. The shift arm is held in with a roll pin and the turn signal arm just screws in. Remove those and the wheel and it's cake. A second set of hands makes it much easier. The screws in the back of dash are tough to get to as well. Tech article: http://classicbroncos.com/tech/removing ... ronco-dash The painless harness is great, very good instructions. It's all pretty fresh in my mind, give me a shout if you have any questions.

Tim

Sun May 01, 2016 10:10 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon May 02, 2016 6:17 am

I have the rocker arm nuts I pulled out of my 351. My new heads are 3/8 studs. Where are you located?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Mon May 02, 2016 5:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Aurora, near the medical campus.

Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A little of everything today, I tried to mate the 302/c4, not much luck. I couldn't get the entire bellhousing to line up straight, and it was causing some binding issues that wouldn't let the crankshaft turn. Gonna try to find a transmission jack to rent and give it another go in the next couple of days.

My carb spacer was so full of "junk" that it cracked. The EGR is full of the same stuff. Solid, packed, nasty.

I did install the collapsible lower steering shaft from Tom's, a new cowl seal, and a new liftgate to tailgate seal, so it wasn't a total waste...

Sat May 07, 2016 8:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 'Buddy'
I have a Trans jack you can use if you want.

Sun May 08, 2016 12:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks to Landshark's trans jack, got the c4 mated to the block. So simple when you have the correct tools.

Also attached a pic of the TBP lower steering column.

Plan is to stab it in on Saturday and finish up a couple of other items on my list. The big issue right now is the carb/intake. Can I run the stock carb without the spacer/EGR? If not, does anyone happen to have one of the spacers in a box that they would be willing to share?

I've decided that I'm just going to cap off the driver's side fresh air box for now, maybe I'll replace the vent box someday...

Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I'm guessing you need one from a 2 bbl? I know I have a 4bbl one, will check on the 2 bbl this weekend during my big garage cleaning event.

Wed May 11, 2016 12:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you to Jeff, Chuck, and Chris for coming over and making sure I didn't kill myself putting the drivetrain in.

Made some great progress today.
1) 302/c4/d20 installed, along with rear driveshaft.
2) Bolted on headers and starter.
3) Hooked up dakota digital oil pressure and temp sensors as well as the VSS. (Now ready for the gauge cluster to go in!)
4) Ran wire looms to the rear of the vehicle. (I ran the loom down the inside of the driver's frame rail, should it follow the same path all the way to the back?)
5) Bolted on Explorer front dress brackets. (I put washers under the motor mounts for pulley clearance, turns out it would've cleared anyway)

With the headers, the oil dipstick will not fit, anyone have a recommendation for a flexible oil dipstick? I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/68052-Dipstick-Fl ... form+68052

Going to try and get some more accomplished this week. Thanks again for coming up this morning guys.

Sat May 14, 2016 10:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks good, except for the kickdown lever which is upside down.

Sat May 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Phil,
I mentioned to Jeff that I thought I put it on upside down. Your eye for detail never ceases to amaze.

Sat May 14, 2016 10:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was fun working on such an original rust free Bronco !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun May 15, 2016 7:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just bought this if you'd like to use it to check fit before buying something...

I'm not sure if it will fit yours though as it says it's for a 351.

I can bring it with me regardless when I come help in the next couple days.

Sun May 15, 2016 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If he doesn't take it i might.

Sun May 15, 2016 7:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 15, 2016 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

First weekend at home in a few weeks, made some more progress

Ran the loom to the rear and connected tail lights, and plumbed the new fuel line.

Plumbed the trans cooler lines. Had a heck of a time with this, one of the lines twisted and snapped when I was removing the C4. Got the piece out of the transmission and it was sitting with the old line for 2 months. When I cleaned up a few days ago, this small piece was swept up and thrown in the dumpster, with the C4 adapter still attached.... I thought I found the right adapter at NAPA, but alas, it was incorrect and I had to go dumpster diving. Found the end with the adapter, soaked it in PB blaster and finally got it apart and reinstalled with the new line.

Radiator is back in, I took Rox's advice and used the 4.8 Crown Vic upper hose, and the 7.3 Super Duty lower. I need to trim both, but I think they will work. I definitely need to add the shroud extension to make sure the fan steers clear of the lower hose.

Got both the C4 dipstick and the fancy Lokar oil dipstick in, I need to figure out how to keep the Lokar from contacting the headers.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get the gas tank and fuel pump installed.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:40 pm

What year Crown Vic upper hose is that?

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

'98 Crown Vic with 4.8L, Gates 22392.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C ... UTF8&psc=1

Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Lookin good !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked up my "new" seats from the upholstery shop. They were in an accident and blew out the side curtain airbags, one new piece of vinyl on each side and they are ready to go. I've got to sort out the wiring for the heaters, but it looks very easy...

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They came out looking great!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next