[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 'Buddy'
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 'Buddy' 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 'Buddy'

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice!

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is awesome!!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thursday, the Bronco was running REALLY well. It sat over the weekend while I entertained my in laws, and when I started it up on Sunday, it had an issue. If I have the Bronco in gear and stop at a light or stop sign, it stumbles and dies. I adjusted the idle screw, but it still happens. Any ideas?

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You may need to fine tune the idle mixture screws when it's hot like that.

That's the beauty part of running a carb. You get to make all the adjustments to air and fuel flow instead of mindless robot computers constantly tweaking it several times per second.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm looking forward to mindless robot computers running things, pretty sure one of those knows more about this than i do.

Thanks Phil.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Buddy is registered and should be at Lucile's tomorrow morning!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I went for a drive on Saturday (I think that's how all disaster stories start...). On my way home, the Bronco just died, just like I turned off the key. I couldn't get it to start. I had a moment where I thought the intertia switch might have tripped and I ran few minutes on the fuel in the carb bowl, no dice. I haven't had much time to try and diagnose, but I'm now thinking it might be the ignition module. Anyone have a spare blue grommet module I could swap in to test my theory?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Headed down to Parker to utilize Chuck's garage and air chisel this morning for a body lift install. It took a few hours, honestly the worst part was getting the rear bumper off. The bolts came out pretty easily, a couple of the original mounts were stuck and had to be air-chiseled apart, but overall, not too bad. Once the lift was on, the fan was hitting the bottom of the shroud, so we took the shroud extension off and adjusted it down about an inch. No more rubbing and the hood will close now without pinching the upper radiator hose. The old mounts had squished down to about 1/2", so the 1" actually added an inch and a quarter, which is just enough space to fit some new tires...

Big thanks to Chuck for the time, tools, c-bushings, and for blowing the rat nest out of the frame rails.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love that paint job !

I wish I could have seen it before the patina set in

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd trade you paint jobs in a heartbeat.

I glad you had to add a body lift too so we can still be friends.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picked this up...

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got to spend some time with Garry, Justin, & Mike yesterday. Got rid of a bunch of extra wires and now the EFI harness is good to go.

Thanks to EFI Guy & Gal for a fun & productive day.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had a great time Tim, now get that harness installed!

poke

Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spent some time with Phil, Chuck, and Jeff yesterday.

Rebuilt the power steering box and Phil did a little carb tuning. It is like driving a completely different Bronco now. I'm going to have to get vanity plates that say VIPRBLT...

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you guys get it rebuilt and back on ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, then Phil found a track bar in his storage unit with new bushings that will fix the little play left in it.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

New wheels and tires make it look and ride much better.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got disc brakes installed. It’s great to be able to stop in a straight line. Thanks to everyone at breakfast for the help getting them bled.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

grinding the knuckles freed the calipers?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Indeed.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

awsome

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

which vendor did you go with...what kit?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Nice Upgrade on the front brakes thumbs up

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is the Casadejohnson/rockauto.com kit brought to you by viperwolf. I got some parts from Jeremy and ordered new hubs/rotors. Not sure what vendor it came from.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks to B.O.B. for lending a hand with disassembly this morning in preparation for the EFI swap this weekend. We pulled the headers, fan, shroud, and front accessories. This engine bay will look VERY different in a few days...

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Looking Great Tim!
Can you give a little info on the year/parts that are going into the EFI conversion this week? PM sent

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Most of it came off a 2000 Mountaineer. I’ve had the serpentine setup on for a couple of years. The upper and lower intakes do not have the EGR hole in the center. There’s a rebuilt set of GT40p heads to replace the ‘75 heads. I am using a ‘96 throttle body with the Viper mod for clearance and PCV functionality. Valve covers are from a fox body mustang. Of course the harness and computer tune are from EFIGuy. It’ll run the frame mounted e2000 hp fuel pump and we’re making fuel lines from brake line and ptfe braided stainless hose.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next