[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 66 'restoration'
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 66 'restoration' 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 66 'restoration'
I have a good mirror head now. It's hard to tell from his pics, but one might match mine. I think Ford didn't have a specific mirror for the 66 and was using, literally, any mirror they had around. I've seen pics of many different frame & glass mounted mirrors. Hard to say.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

66 horn ringImage

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Holy crap!

I better go look under my seat.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A few more parts trickling in.

Some stickers, I don't think my truck had the t-case pattern sticker on the dash. But it is cool, so I grabbed one.

P1030348.JPG

Hood to cowl seal

P1030350.JPG

Located an inside the tailgate spare tire carrier, correct 66 jack & lug wrench. Realized I don't have a 66 gas cap, the bracket to attach the oil bath filter to the engine block. I'm sure my battery tie down has been replaced. Updated my "wish list".

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made major headway picking up parts over the last couple weeks.

Got a Craigslist score from a guy who has a Budd bodied U14 he put a wagon top & V8 into. He has a real deal 66 horn ring, he didn't know how special it was, until I explained the 66 horn button differences. I knew there was a 6 cyl 3 speed and t-case with the longer 66 t-case shift lever & knob. Both in great condition. Before I showed up, he found an extra box of stuff that included some very nice visors, and a set of 66 tail light buckets & lenses, gas pedal with throttle cable, steering box, radio, and a bunch of dash knobs I was needing. Oddly enough the tail light buckets & throttle cable were things I wanted, but wasn't really looking for, and the dash knobs & lighter were exactly the knobs I needed. He also had a bunch of non-66 stuff I took off his hands too.

Picked up a couple 66 steering linkages from Eck.

Went to Don's in C.S. and he surprised me with a set of front seat belts & a full set of 5 steel wheels. He threw in a set of correct front coil springs from a 6 cyl Bronco.

DSCN7971.JPG

DSCN7985.JPG

DSCN7980.JPG

Anyone seen this kind of spare tire hold down "wing nut". It was from the bulkhead spare carrier from the U14.

DSCN7972.JPG

Is this a 66 radio? The "Date Installed" stamp is "6TBB 025748". The knobs are missing.

DSCN7975.JPG

This hardware is used to bolt the front of the top to the windshield frame, I have the same on my 66. Is this a Budd thing or a 66 thing?

DSCN7979.JPG
P1030205.JPG

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is some interesting info regarding your spare mount. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... ost2882787

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 am
VENDOR
VENDOR

Gunni, Where did you get the correct cowl seal?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=249843

He also has a few airbox to hood seals left, and some other 66 specific stuff. Some stuff is on CB.com classifieds only, some is here:

http://roadsteru13.com/roadster-shop/

edit: the cowl to hood seal was not $75, that link is for airbox seal. I don't think he has a specific thread on the cowl to hood seal. It was around $15.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5